Waterless car wash

I was just wondering if anybody has tried "Showroom shine" it's made by greased lightning, it is supposed to clean your car without having to use water, just spray it on and use a microfibre cloth to take it off. I think that it will proboably scratch the paintwork, if there are any bits of grit etc, anyone tried it?:suspect:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=247449

and

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=351273&highlight=demon+shine

generally these types of products are crap and that is probably no exception. i dont mean to sound brutal but id rather be honest than have u make a mess of your car. like you said, it will definitly scratch your paintjob with grit but because its a silicone based product as you remove the grit with the cloth (and create scratches in the process) the silicone will fill the scratches up leaving you with a very nice shiny finish but after one or two rain showers washing the silicone back out of the scratches your car will look ultra nasty!

there is no substitute for a good wash lol... i would recommend http://www.nubawax.com/shop/article_001/IONCOAT®-NAVIWAX-LIGHT.html?shop_param=cid=1&aid=001& or choose the appropriate one from that site for your colour... its a wee bit expensive at £35.00 but it literally lasts 6-8 months between applications, looks amazing, and when it rains if the car is exposed it virtually washes itself off as the dirt doesnt get a chance to stick to the car

theres the advice you want :D

Cheers, thats very helpful! Have just washed my micra the 'normal' way, and despite having to carry buckets of water downstairs (I live in a flat) was pleased to see it looking clean!
Will check out that wax at somepoint, not impressed with the simoniz stuff I got, although I think I may be expecting too much as the paintwork is not in the best condition. Just got the car recently, and the previous owner kept it parked under a tree, spent ages trying to get all of the moss out that was growing around the bump strips etc.....:laugh:

Um, before you right this off, I have two bottles for my Skyline. Fantastic stuff.

Usually have a full battle box in the boot full of car cleaning products for the Jap car shows, everything from clay bars to yellow carnauba wax.

Recently popped by garage to get cam belt done, turned up with my car looking dirtier than usual, got bored so tried the stuff for the first time. Even with mud, debris and bits all over it this stuff worked wonders.

I spoke to the owners of this car at Silverstone who tried some on their car and admitted it did exactly what it said on the tin.um bottle.
dynoday041.jpg

oh and a few more cars were loving it too:
panorama.jpg

well im just fussy lol

imagine you were washing mud, tar and debris off your hands and you just put soap on them, rubbed it in and then wipe them dry with a towel and didnt use any water. it wouldnt work as well would it? and thats exactly the same as what your doing here except your paintjob in most cases is far more fragile and prone to damage from grit than the palms of your hands.

theres no denying it will work and shift the dirt, but it will leave your paint job with swirl marks without a doubht. and you just dont want that on a sexy skyline with an expensive flipcoat paintjob... or even on your micra for that matter :D

carnauba wax is the business i must agree with you there though :D

yeah its in most car cleaning/ protection products as its cheap and cheerful! and i like cheap and cheerful things as much as the next person for sure :D but waterless carwash gimics are like washing your car with a fine grade sandpaper lol

sprayers hate it coz it makes whatever lands on it 'bead' like how the rain looks on ur your freshly polished/ waxed car... but it takes the same affect with paint and it makes a sprayers life a pain trying to get the paint to sit evenly over it and not give the 'orange peel' effect :)

Back