Had a fight with a car wash :(

My spolier is knackered. Yes, I know I should have washed it myself, just wish I'd used the jet wash rather than the lazy option. Think the hot weather melted the glue in the middle, and the brush lifted it off. I've filled in a claim form, but don't hold out much hope. Do you guys reckon it's fixable? If so, DIY job or body shop??

DSC07936.jpg

DSC07935.jpg

DSC07934.jpg

I swear this car has it in for me now. :( grr

Fixable, I've fixed worser spolers with fibreglass.

I'd angle off the crack edges, so when it's ready to be glassed it's a V shape, this'll add strength to the repair.

Unfortunately most automated car washes have a disclaimer stating that they don't recommend cars with spoilers even go into their washes so a claim probably won't heed much of a result. Give it a try though, you might be lucky!

That's a shame though :(

I know it serves me right for using the car wash, and there was a disclaimer, but the woman said might as well fill in a form anyway, see what happens. Typical it happens just as I decide to keep the car for a bit longer.
13.gif
I've been using the same car wash for over a year now with no probs too. Sod's law I suppose.

Anyway, I've bought some red electrical tape for a short term fix. :blush:

I work for Wilcomatic who look after and repair the car washes. I can safely so you will NOT receive anything in claim for this, since yout ake the car through the wash at your own risk, and states that it is not suitable for cars with roof spoilers.

James said:
Unfortunately most automated car washes have a disclaimer stating that they don't recommend cars with spoilers even go into their washes so a claim probably won't heed much of a result. Give it a try though, you might be lucky!

That's a shame though :(

you're only saying that cuz you broke the one in dundee. twice.

Alienfish360 said:
where was the wash? lol I'm gonna check our calls tomorrow see if I can find a broken spoiler call lol

Paignton, Devon at Sainsburys. Tell them it's not my fault and nothing to do with me. :upside:

Well, it's off and ready to be fixed. :) It was stuck on with magnets and gripfill ffs!!! o_O I'm surprised it stayed on as long as it did!

Layla said:
you're only saying that cuz you broke the one in dundee. twice.
Three times actually ;) And anyway, that's only cos the stupid thing couldn't tell where my wheels were!! 5 spokes break the detector!!

Back