Wanted - k10 things

T

tom_nellist

does anyone have a full set of suspension/shocks (i aint sure whats best!!) ? all i want to do i stiffen the suspension up to make it handle better and to make the tyres rub less when going fast round corners.

also what are the best things i can do to make my car a little faster, without spending too much cash?? once i have the suspension sorted out id like to make the car a little quicker (its a 93 k10 ls)?? someone has suggested changing the carbs but i aint sure what thats all about!! i dont wanna spend a lot and get a new engine or turbo or supercharger or sumthing silly, just something to make it that little bit quicker.

i can collect anything being sold, just as long as it aint too far from the lincolnshire area :laugh:

cheers guys :)

to make your car faster, id reconmend an air filter theyre about £20 that will give you better throttle response and a lound noise + abit more bhp (about3-4ish) then you could buy a back box for about £40 that will give you a nice sound and make your micra a bit more faster.

Air filter will do pretty much nothing to the K10! More noise but hardly any gains, esp not 3 or 4bhp

Also, backboxes cost more than that imo. Ok, i paid over the odds (£190) but its extremely hard to find anything thats a direct fit, and will have to be custom made, or a universal box at least, altered to fit the K10. The rear Axle causes loads of problems with back boxes

As this thread is more technical, im moving it to K10 section

lower it on spring and new standard shock's (shocks around 90 quid from needforspeed.co.uk) shock u can get from most decent motor factors. a front strut brace. that will make it alot more fun to drive. perfromance wise the manifolds are the most restrictive part of the engine so something changed there would se some gains. but it will prob cost

i live in langworth mate, bout 6 miles outta lincoln on wragby road (a158).

and in response to paul_k10_Lx, i have already asked about strutbraces but people have said they can be difficult to get, and a modified nova one will fit.

cheers for the response guys.

To stiffen the car either buy new springs or lowering springs it'l make a slightly bumpier ride but far less body roll going round corners, also i agree an airfilter does nothing apart from make it sound nicer!, and im not sure on the gains yet but as one of the cheaper options for getting more from your car a cam reprofile could be worth while. ive just sent off for one so i can tell you how much of an improvement it is when i get it back.

Back