virus - worldpay.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
If you get an email with anything like the following in it, its a virus...

Hello

My name is Dave and I am from the Support of WorldPay.

We have received the payment order (ID 0220712,Receipt Date 09/07/2006) from you and we need to
make a verification of the details you have filled in, as we have received a notice from your card
service stating that there was a chargeback made by the owner of the card with which you have made
the payment and that your level of authorization has been altered during your last transaction.

This is a very serious matter. We have deducted the amount of the chargeback, GBP 149.89, from
your account and added our standard fee of GBP 24.00 as well (you can see your payment details in
the attachment).

We have failed to contact you using the telephone number you have provided earlier, meeting no
response.

As a precaution, we have limited access to your account in order to protect against future
unauthorized transactions.Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help
protect you and your personal information.

Please contact your credit card company to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,
Dave Gollick
[email protected]

Hi. In my line of work I get these emails reported all the time and they customers always think that a chrage had been made on their credit card.
Most of these are viruses or phishing for your personal details but as they usually dont state your name, method of payment, part of your adress they are usually fake/scams.

It is very unlikely a charge had been made to your account. Also the credit card companies will not hold you liable if any charges have appeard on your account, if any.

A common email in circulation at the moment is that a payment of several hundred pounds for a digital camera has been made to your account, This is obviously a scam and just delete it but check statments regularly and report unusual transactions immediately, If you wait 3-6 months before doing this, the bank may hold you liable...

...il go now :shy:

Its just so dodgey and it looks dodgey, how can people fall for these still? They've been around for so long.

Back