MSN virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
PLEASE DON'T OPEN ANYTHING THAT SAYS "HEY IS THIS YOU (your email addy)" its a virus!!!!!

I just got it sent to me poooooo and i opened it DAMN IT!!

Hey guys sorry to any on my msn list that might have been sent this:(

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
w32.chod.b@mm

that's what i got anyways, outsmarted NIS2005 pretty easily and has disabled and currupted all my norton software, lol > nasty little thing, incase others are spending all night to fix it here the symantec link,

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

this thing blocks access to all security related websites:

avp.com
ca.com
customer.symantec.com
dispatch.mcafee.com
download.mcafee.com
f-secure.com
fastclick.net
ftp.f-secure.com
ftp.sophos.com
grisoft.com
housecall.trendmicro.com
kaspersky.com
liveupdate.symantec.com
mast.mcafee.com
mcafee.com
merijn.org
my-etrust.com
nai.com
networkassociates.com
pandasoftware.com
phpbb.com
rads.mcafee.com
secure.nai.com
securityresponse.symantec.com
service1.symantec.com
sophos.com
spywareinfo.com
support.microsoft.com
symantec.com
trendmicro.com
update.symantec.com
updates.symantec.com
us.mcafee.com
vil.nai.com
viruslist.com
www.avp.com
www.awaps.net
www.ca.com
www.f-secure.com
www.fastclick.net
www.grisoft.com
www.kaspersky.com
www.mcafee.com
www.merijn.org
www.microsoft.com
www.my-etrust.com
www.nai.com
www.networkassociates.com
www.pandasoftware.com
www.phpbb.com
www.sophos.com
www.spywareinfo.com
www.symantec.com
www.trendmicro.com
www.viruslist.com
www.zonelabs.com
www3.ca.com
zonelabs.com

...so you need to read how to fix it on another computer, its the longest most sickly fix i've done yet, off to try and reinstall old naught norton now,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
viruses suck, but they are funny aren't they.

Some idiot did it to try to beat you, and he won.

What a loser.

cisco

» CMF Member
I got slammed by one last time on the laptop. Smashed it to pieces. Clever one too. When virus scanning software read that portion of the hard disk, it made the system crash (blue screen and reboot) so it could never find or repair itself. That was on the portion of the disk regardless of which software you had as a virus scanner. So I had to wipe the whole ****e and start a fresh.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
yep, lost souls, just pissed off i have to go through this again, only fixed the damn thing up a few weeks back, lol,

rubs hands together, now this time alex > this time i'll do a ghost backup right away, so when next time come just a 30min fix :D

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
heh feh.

Now you're making me worry. Touch wood (my head) that I dont go. Because I have pretty ****ty backups at present. Pretty stupid for an IT person.

But its always the same, its like the plumber who's home toilet leaks and the builder who's house is falling down and the electrician with not enough power points at home.

cisco

» CMF Member
zoiks offspring is pumping through these Japanese-sourced DJ headphones. I picked them up when I was over there. $220 compared to like $400 here. They pump, so much clarity and thumping bass. And why not have a drop of KIRIN (Ichi ban!) beer. Its the Number one.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
roflol @ the plumber/builder, yep that how it is > bah removal tool dosn't werk either, still can't repair/install > argh not good, you not coffee break from putting the power steer in at this hour?

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
ahh zoiks mate, get in there and fix it up.

nah, will tackle the steering tomorrow. just enjoying a friday night beer and being an idiot.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
oath yeah, were installing! ! !heh, just gave the removal tool a second chance, should be guns blazing for more than a few week this time, thinks to self, i'll be backing this up and leaving it while i go to get some shut eye, muhahaha,

get some sleep dude, or have you been trawling through japanparts.com awesome listing of k11 bits, like i have?

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
yeah **** yeah. Further to this..

I'll be coming up on Wed evening (17th), probably busy again until the Friday evening. So any time between Friday 19th evening and Sunday 21 lunchtime would be cool.

Probably Saturday would be perfect. Will be awesome to see you and the others up there in your home town.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
hoooha, cisco's staying for the weeeeekend, very..n..i..c..e. mate just had an idea > i *may be able to organise a bit of a fishing trip (or if not keen on that, visit the wrecks/ sights / dolphins across moreton bay to tangalooma on morteon island with my brother on saturday > last sat he went out about 50km offshore to some shoals and two whales poped up out of nowhere doing huge barrel jumps right next to the boat! but that a longish way out.

We can eat at the resort over their...nice food,

...no drama's if we don't have see legs :p,

just an idea.

will suss it out today, lol today > or tomorrow anyways,

Alex - hanging out to wet a line, seano mate you should come up and drop a line too, looks like miocar will be up here, hmm we should have another qld meet, maybe on sat or sun...

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
...cisco what was the name of that thing you mentioned above that you had and it wouldn't let you access the hdd, needing to remformat etc...? cause mines feeling awefully like that, i can't reinstall norton just getting errors all the way through and hdd makes odd light sequences when those errors occur,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
damn I wish I could remember. It was in the old forums database. Some weird thing ending with an M or something. Haxor.M or something. Just forget the exact name sorry mate.

Your plans for up North sound cool. Not sure how much time we will have. Jamie-lee is coming up too. We can hang out for most of Saturday which would be excellent. We'll have to head home Sunday though.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
yay, be great to chat with you again jamie-lee > yeah we can hangout and do something fun on sat/sun, i'll ask the others on msn, lol (maybe not matty) bounce some ideas of each other,

chhers mate > think i got it sussed this time with that link above,

Alex

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
ahhh well totally f**** the computer now, trying to remove registery entrys related to symantec and now WinBlowsXP is not bootable, argh...waste of a weekend. f this from now on i'm backing up like a pyromanic,

backup peoples, once you get bit in the arse...and loose everyting you'll see, cept this is the second time in as many weeks for me, don't do an aLeX :p, and please don't do an aLeX twice

enjoy your weekends, no hard feelings matty pooh...ya live and learn, seeya on msn :p

Alex

Back