Vibration

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I think there a wheel bearing going in the st.. are they prone to going in the K10's wheels are new so they're not buckled/warped.I jack the back of the car up and shook the wheel left to right,top to bottom looking for play but there's none.any ideas??

Where can you feel the vibration coming from? Is it proportionate to speed? Does it get louder when turning?

If your wheels are new - maybe one of the weights have come off knocking out your wheel balance.
Wheel bearings dont really make a vibration as such - just a whirring noise typical of a wheel bearing
Could maybe be a worn track rod end?

Just throwing ideas here mate!

Daz

The vibration itself gets more noticable when driving slow its coming from the back drivers side of the car,could it be the brake catching on that side?

try applying your handbrake a click or two and see if it makes a difference. Could be a worn suspension bush or axle bush at the back - although that would probably make a knockin noise too.

Daz

jack the ass-end up and try and rotate the wheel with your hands (while the hand-brake is off) if it's hard/impossible to turn you gotta find a way to disable the brakes (i had to snap the cable and push it back through) my back right brake had locked up (without me realizing) and i drove around for 3 weeks at LEAST before i opened up the drums to find a nice pile of brake dust collected inside lol.... oops?

Look for cracked or perished rubbers around the bushes.
Because i cant see the car its kinda hard for me to help you anymore mate sorry.

Look for cracked or perished rubbers around the bushes.
Because i cant see the car its kinda hard for me to help you anymore mate sorry.

Thanks alot lads will check that as soon I get a chance,are they a job to change?

Back