Vibrating steering

Gemma85

banished to the buses
My K11 is pulling to the left and I need my tracking done its booked into the garage for next week for this but Iv noticed that when I hit around 70 the steering starts to vibrate this never usually happens until I'm doing around 80/85 when I'm killing it (its only 1.0) could it be doing this because of the tracking? Or is my engine dying? :(

Most likey the wheels are not balanced, this is usally couple of pounds per wheel at a garage so might be best checking that before anything else that'll cost more.

goldstar0011 said:
Most likey the wheels are not balanced, this is usally couple of pounds per wheel at a garage so might be best checking that before anything else that'll cost more.

my car did this and i changed the back tyre on the left with the front and got all the pressures correct and it fixed it. got the tracking done b4 i did this and it still was pulling

Ok thankyou minds at rest a bit now, its booked in for my break pipes. I just got a new wheel on Tuesday as got a flat tyre ...but its been pulling to the left for a while and had track rod ends checked so gonna have the tracking done

set all the tyres to the right pressures and get a full steerin geometry check, not expensive. Its really fun to do too lol but thats jus coz im a mechanic lol but ill put money on it being your wheels out of balance

joe boy micra said:
my car did this and i changed the back tyre on the left with the front and got all the pressures correct and it fixed it. got the tracking done b4 i did this and it still was pulling

i had to do something similar to my car, the tracking was fine, but the bloke at the garage told me to swap the front 2 tires around, it sorted it out straight away..

could def be an option if the tracking is fine :)

Back