Car steering to the left...

Well trying to sort out all the niggly little (hopefully) problems out. Now I have noticed the car keeps pulling to the left when driving and is really getting on my nerves, cant drive without my hands on the wheel now!

Well i was wondering if this something that the tracking rejig should sort out? Is there anything more sinister that may be wrong?

Cheers

unless tyre pressures are completely and utterly up the wall would recommend a 4wd alignment and tracking done...

Should sort out the pulling and increase fuel economy. Don't know the Micra but on other Jap cars could also be calipers sticking on one side!

Got my tracking sorted on Saturday!!! Feels like a completely different car! The wheels were turned out so much, it's embarrassing. :wasntme:

how much did it set you back?

Mine has a slight turn on it, but its not really noticeable.

rhaines said:
and increase fuel economy. !

Really? I know my tracking etc needs doing but i keep putting it off.. Given me a reason to sort it out now!

they do claim unblanced wheels and uneven tyers do lead to poo fuel consuption....

never had a problem myself but thats because i drive with a lead foot!

could be a number of things
simply could be tracking, or tyre pressure... but other things could affect steering pull is untrue wheels, problem on steering rack, or even just a bulge in ya tyre...
i have it but i think i just went in a pot hole and its jigged the tracking but hey :p

Arnold said:
Really? I know my tracking etc needs doing but i keep putting it off.. Given me a reason to sort it out now!

Anything that adds extra friction can causes a problem with fuel economy, open windows, sunroof, tyre pressures, tyre alignment and tracking, using air con...

Even stupid things inside the car can decrease the fuel economy such as electrics etc... although I can't figure out why having the stereo on loud would decrease fuel....

May be something to do with the distributer, reducing current to the spark plugs making ignition less efficient therefore wasting fuel?

Well with regards to stereo, i asked Ed (I think it was Ed) and he said it wouldnt really make a noticable difference. I know obv the engine has to do more work due to the higher electrical strain, i mean with my K10, you turn the headlights on and you see the rpm drop (it should automatically make up for the additional power requirement but it doesnt).. turn the stereo on too and it stalls! If it was working properely, the idle would go up - using more fuel, i guess its something along those lines.

Anyway, i've noticed very bad fuel economy since the suspension was changed a couple of months back and was told to get the tracking done - which i havent. Probably do that this lunchtime. It used to feel like it had power steering but now it shakes at 70+, and you've gotta tilt the steering wheel at 1 o clock to go in a straight line!

Apologies for hijacking the thread :) Hopefully the electrical bit may be of help!

m1ck97 said:
how much did it set you back?

Mine has a slight turn on it, but its not really noticeable.

Well, I paid £70 for 2 195/45/15 Kumhos, fitting and tracking. I doubt whether the tracking alone costs very much. Honestly though, my car feels fantastic, can't believe I was driving round with it so bad before.

Back