Very quiet on here ?

its gettin hammered being parked on the street in the city all day, you can't do that to a mad rare car in good condition, even if it is 'cheap'

That's a shame, but it's good that you can be objective about it.

Let me know if you still have it in a month or two, I may consider it myself if I have the cash. Actually PM me a price for the spare engine if you're willing to sell it seperately.

yeah no worries i will be encouraging the buyer to take the engine too for full asking price ($6k-ish, bit less maybe depends what bits they don't want)

but if they wanna bargain hard then you'll have another spare motor!!

I was just about to ask what you were asking for it until I saw the distance I would have to travel if I was to buy it, lol.

There you go. . .

yeah no worries i will be encouraging the buyer to take the engine too for full asking price ($6k-ish, bit less maybe depends what bits they don't want)

but if they wanna bargain hard then you'll have another spare motor!!

hows the new spax then baz? you pleased with it all now?

i rolled the drivers arch up on mine and its fine now mate.

Have only really took it for a short spin , the dampening has to be setup , camber on the front and tracking, service the s/c, engine oil change, new wishbones, try source a gear shifter, mabe a set of 14" wheels again ( I know I'm a wheel whore lol) lots of things to be done on it

wow thats a big list sounds good fun though. so are you running 15s at the moment then?
what oil are you using in the s/c? i heard to use same oil as toyota 4age supercharger oil it can be got from toyot main dealer.
just got me some mobil 1 0w-40 fully syn and new oil filter and some yellow head lights.

yeah doubt anyone will buy it

i just haaaaate watching cars slowly die, especially rare and ones in great condition

wow thats a big list sounds good fun though. so are you running 15s at the moment then?
what oil are you using in the s/c? i heard to use same oil as toyota 4age supercharger oil it can be got from toyot main dealer.
just got me some mobil 1 0w-40 fully syn and new oil filter and some yellow head lights.

The SC12 used on Toyota engines uses part number 08885-80108 for the SC oil. That's 50ml and over here it cost around $50.

Holden over here make the same stuff as part #12345982 which is 120ml and will set ya back about $30. And is the exact same oil apparently.

Toyota are notorious for being ridiculously expensive for such items and esentially its the same compressor oil you'd get in any airconditioner etc. So maybe shop around a bit before running down to toyota.

The SC12 used on Toyota engines uses part number 08885-80108 for the SC oil. That's 50ml and over here it cost around $50.

Holden over here make the same stuff as part #12345982 which is 120ml and will set ya back about $30. And is the exact same oil apparently.

Toyota are notorious for being ridiculously expensive for such items and esentially its the same compressor oil you'd get in any airconditioner etc. So maybe shop around a bit before running down to toyota.

Thats good info right there

sound mate ... can i ask a question when checking s/c oil level is it done unscrewing the dipstick then wiping it clean rescrew it in and takt it out and look whats saying ? or

unscrew it ' wipe it ' and just dip it in so its sitting on top of the threads of where it screws down and check level. if that makes sence cheers lads

I've not actually done it myself but I would probably unscrew, wipe clean, screw in again then fill to a little under full. Apparently they will run fine with half oil so as long as its not over flowing or way under you should be ok.

cheers for that just confirmed what i thought. its all guess work aint it really but most of it is just common sense.. cheers lads

i brought some mobil 1 0w-40 fully synthetic motor oil i just hope it don't sound tappy with this fin stuff as i don't now what grade is in there at the moment.

i brought some mobil 1 0w-40 fully synthetic motor oil i just hope it don't sound tappy with this fin stuff as i don't now what grade is in there at the moment.

I would'nt run a super turbo on that tbh John, I have an Email saved from the seller in Japan for my st, he gave me the info of what oil to use in hot or cold climate and 0w 40 is not on the list as far as I know mate(Y)

I used 0w40 for 60,000 miles in my ST engine looked like new when i took it apart. It didn't burn it either.

On what basis?

I'd imagine because its not the listed oil for the engine Ed, In saying that though its worked great for you so its probably fine, I think its too thin so personally I would'nt use it

pulled off the turbo and manifold off my old motor... gonna change it onto the one in my car on the weekend

mad!

I'm still running in the new fuel system so can't have too much fun with it atm :(

Once that's done I'm just going to get it mapped and enjoy it for a few months. While I'm enjoying it again I'll get the spare manifold flowed, get turbo rebuilt and housing flowed, flow the head and possibly get a metal headgasket and new cam made up. Once they're all done I'll have em all fitted and get a front mount on. Hopefully have it done by early next year but I'm not in any great rush.

Debadging it and getting it resprayed is also on the list of things to get done soon.

Awesome! any custom headgaskets that are getting made make sure you give us all a heads up hey!

Will do. I told Baz I'd ask about a few bits for him also but I've been really busy of late and start a new job next week so I don't think I'll have time to sit down and go through my list of custom fabrications for another couple of weeks yet. I'm hoping there won't be any huge probs with getting em all made up though. I'll be asking about head gasket, rings and bushes for you all. Let me know if you want me to investigate anything else, I cant promise anything but can certainly ask.

yeah fair enough! cometic gaskets in the states will make them from an existing gasket, i guess a new unused one would be safer than a used one :D

Back