Vertical Hydraulic Handbrake.

hi guys, it's me again.. another topic... did u guys experience with this kind of installation?! my oem K10 didn't give me all the grips that i want.. planning to turn to this kind of brake..
Vertical-MC.JPG

I have one very similar going in. They're easy to fit. But its a tad more difficult with the k10 as it has 2 brake pipes going to the rear. You have to remake your pipe from the master cylinder and run it to the hydraulic handbrake then into a second brake pressure splitter. Finally into the brakes :)
People say use a twin cylinder one but why. If a splitter is good enough for nissan its good enough for me

Iv seen a mate of mine make one , and im considering it myself , he got a clutch pedal mecanism out of a scania lorry , ( actual pedal cut off ) and then connected that to his hydralic clydinder , which he got of a man who does tractor parts , then once it leaves the cab im not sure how he connected it but you've already been told that, anyways just said id tell you so you can consider , they are a massove improvement and well worth any hassle they may cause in my opinion !

considering to install it into my ST.. searching all over the net..and found plenty of it in the amazon and ebay.. ermmm..
...need to wait again then... it takes me 2-3 weeks to order parts from the net.. it such a long wait... currently I'm using a starlet disc rear brake.. recondition unit.. didn't sure if this rear brake could stand the extra pressure by installing this kind of hydraulic brake.... what do u guys think?!

considering to install it into my ST.. searching all over the net..and found plenty of it in the amazon and ebay.. ermmm..
...need to wait again then... it takes me 2-3 weeks to order parts from the net.. it such a long wait... currently I'm using a starlet disc rear brake.. recondition unit.. didn't sure if this rear brake could stand the extra pressure by installing this kind of hydraulic brake.... what do u guys think?!

Well as far as i know using the hydralic handbrake applys the same preassure as the foot pedal on full lock , except oviously its just the back brakes instead of all four , so my thinking would be that its the same only if you use it much oviously brakes will need doing quicker, and if your like my Mate you'll eat through rear tyres just as much as front tyres , but i cant see any physical harm to the system , its not pushing it past what its already capable of doing if you get me ?

My advice braided steel brake lines.
Drums are always better than discs for handbrake turns and the like. Discs are better for track work
Have you considered a twin master cylinder setup?

My advice braided steel brake lines.
Drums are always better than discs for handbrake turns and the like. Discs are better for track work
Have you considered a twin master cylinder setup?

yes, I'm considering to install the custom steel braided brake line, and currently the rear disc brake do perform well with Bendix brake pad for my track work..

twin master cylinder setup?! any advice from which model of vehicle i need to take from buddy?!

It would be a totally custom setuo no one vehicle has it as standard as far as I know. Every setup is unique. Removing the brake servo and replacing it with a balance and two cylinders. Gives more of a positive brake setup. If build that at the same time as your hydro handbrake then it makes life easier :)

Back