handbrake warning light

hey guys just wondering if anyone else has had the problem of the handbrake warning light being stuck on constantly. last time it happened just by coincidence it was time to change the discs and pads when i did this it went off. just wondering if its got some kind of sensor on the pedal for brake wear. its annoying me tho!!! ta dan

Layla

Deactivated Account
i test drove a micra recently from a dealer and the handbrake light was on constantly for that too. the brakes seemed fine tbh, the gearbox was shafted though lol.

Layla

Deactivated Account
ive been told by a reliable source (Sir Duskalot) that the handbrake light comes on when the brake fluid is too low.

try that and let us know :D

maddave

Club Member (Trial)
Yeah, I would say its not just a handbrake warning light, its a brake warning light too.

Check the fluid level. And do it now!

A

andyb5403

in my previous car, an almera tino, the handbrake light went on for ages and ages and would occasionally go off if braked suddenly or something like that but the guys at the nissan garage couldnt find what was causing it and when it was mot'd there were no complaints either, so dunno basically, but it's an odd problem.

andyb

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
On my corsa mine came on - it was my brake fluid level!!! Check this ASAP!!! Unless you want to die!!!! LMAO - It is just a warning light, should be alright to drive it for a bit, just chck that it's not a leak though....brake fluid is an excellent paint stripper!!!!!

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
check the fluid and pad levels. mine came on it the k10 i looks and saw the fluid was low thats cos one of the pads was like this

STA60002.jpg

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Mine came on when the pads were low too, however K10's might be different to K11's. Not sure