Variable Actuator on ST

TJW

Ex. Club Member
Can anoyon tell me what way the variable actuator should be set on the ST
I think i messed it up ^_^

Well you should get a boost of about 0.8-0.9 bar with it.

use a boost meter start with it quite weak and tighten it up slowly, stop once the right boost has been met.

What Does S V and F Mean on the actuator?
Im pretty sure S is the supercharger but what about V and F?

Actuator? what one are you takling about now? The turbo one only needs one pipe going to it. :)

Theres t unit with 3 screws in it on top of the engine. beside each screw it has a letter S F and V.
Need to know how to set it properly.
Will post a pic of it later. (Too dark out now)

Oh I see. Those are idle and idle emissions screws you should have no need to touch them what so ever!!

Too late was messing with it :). and it doesnt do anything for the idle on the car. its always between 14000 and 18000 RPM even after changing all the vacuum lines to silicone hose so there is no leek. only thing i can think of is the bypass valve is in need of replaceing. (have one ordered)

Too late was messing with it :). and it doesnt do anything for the idle on the car. its always between 14000 and 18000 RPM even after changing all the vacuum lines to silicone hose so there is no leek. only thing i can think of is the bypass valve is in need of replaceing. (have one ordered)

Maybe there a leak at the inlet manifold,where the vacuam pressure at idle on the boost gauge?

Thats really strange because mine work perfect,I used the screw on the right to set idle speed when fully warmed up,the middle i used the set idle with lights,heating and its like an idle up when there a voltage drop or something ,when I start mine stone cold in the morning it idle at 1200,1300rpm when its fully warmed up idle at 800-850rpm.Your overlooking something mate I been in that situation before.You live in Ireland right?

Yep down in Athy bout 3/4 hour from dublin.
the boost is just about -7 when at idle.
When i start it from cold it idles at 800 and within 30 sec its up to 14000 - 18000 RPM

Yep down in Athy bout 3/4 hour from dublin.
the boost is just about -7 when at idle.
When i start it from cold it idles at 800 and within 30 sec its up to 14000 - 18000 RPM

-7 seems very good ,don't you mean 1400-1800rpm cuz the rev counter doesnt even go to 14000??if you want I can have a look?something simple your missing. . . .

Got the Car to idle after replacing all the vacuum lines.
Only problem is the turbo!
The car boosts from the supercharger perfectly, but when the supercharger turns off and the turbo kicks in its dead. The boost gauge reads not even half way between 0 and 7.
Would the bypass valve have anything to do with this?
(Nissan taking there time getting one in for me)

Got the Car to idle after replacing all the vacuum lines.
Only problem is the turbo!
The car boosts from the supercharger perfectly, but when the supercharger turns off and the turbo kicks in its dead. The boost gauge reads not even half way between 0 and 7.
Would the bypass valve have anything to do with this?
(Nissan taking there time getting one in for me)

No. . . . bypass valve only gives problems when the supercharger goin.did you replace the vacuuam line on the turbo itself cuz if you did with a smaller diameter pipe the turbo wont run as much boost. . .I had a 3mm internal diameter pipe the on my last st and only made 4-5psi. . .put the standard one back on if thats not it could by crossed vacuum lines or a bogey turbo

Do you mean the 6mm internal dia pipe coming from the top of the UFO by-pass valve??
Cause thats the only 6mm vacuum pipe i've changed using 4mm silicone pipe.

no but change that back to 6mm again If you look at the compressor side of the turbo(silver bit that don't have a heat shield)the a pipe from the compressor down to the actuator(yes people its actually on the turbo itself)

Back