URGENT how 2 get cv joint off drive shaft?

As title how do i get the cv joint off the drive shaft? Aint there normaly a circlip?

Its starting to rain so some super fast replys would be great.
Cheers Panda

just a sharp tap mate (there,s a little snagring inside) :)
i find it easier to clamp some moleys on the shaft and whack the shaft inwards btw

Will try that tomorrow ive gave up for the day(the beer was shouting me from fridge)

lol, you,ve gotta get your priorities right eh :grinning:
you can see in the pic that the upper bolt is removed and slid down the back of the knuckle, that gives you more "give", so that the shaft and c/v will go back in (on full lock) without taking any balljoints or trackrod ends off (which haynes tells you to do fwn)

Cheers got it done now,ended up cutting the snagring with the dremmel then it still took a few hits with the BIG hammer.Opens the box to get the new one out and its the wrong one :eek::eek: TMS is closed today so looks like another day on the drive for me micra.

Noticed the track rod end ball joint rubber was split so thats off aswell,i will be waiting outside the shop in the morning for them to open as need car for college in the afternoon.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGHHH I HATE CARS grr

that snagring i was on about is on the end of the shaft spline btw panda :eek: (deep inside the c/v) and if you dont set it central on re-assembly it,ll get mashed (and the shaft will probably fall out while being driven :doh:)

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 448
As long as you get the circlip located I think you'll be OK, the earlier models did without that location ring as seen in Frank's photo.

Fingers crossed :)

Back