Urgent help needed!!

esha

Ex. Club Member
Just taken my car aprt to fit a new clutch, its all back together apart from two wires and I dont know where they go, im sure one is an earth strap.

The first cable is the one connected to the battery negative terminal, dont knw where its supposed to join back on.

The second joins onto the subframe just behind the battery tray and has a plug end on it, but cant find a plug for it to go in and im sure this is the earth one.

Hoping you guys can help otherwise im walkin twwenty miles home tonight!

The other one is a small rectangular black plug, thin wire, really not sure where it came off.
The fat earth comes of the starter bolt then, my boss reckoned it wouldnt be on there, which one does it go through?

Cheers for quick reply mate

The other one is a small rectangular black plug, thin wire, really not sure where it came off.
The fat earth comes of the starter bolt then, my boss reckoned it wouldnt be on there, which one does it go through?

Cheers for quick reply mate

not sure on the thin one (extra earth ?), but the fat one goes on the nearest bolt that holds the starter on :) (you usually melt the throttle cable if you leave that one off )

Car is up and running fine again, the smaller earth connected onto the back of the bell-housing, just wasnt looking hard enough!

Thanks for your help on this one frank, really saved my skin!

Back