urgent help needed radio wiring colour code

1.0supa

i tried to fit a sony cd player in my k11 today, but the previous owner has cut the plugs off the loom, so all im left with is a bunch of loose wires all in different colours

ive had a search and cant find any posts that will help,
does anyone know what wire is what?

all the wires seem to be more than one colour and im lost and frustrated, lol

cyber beer for anyone who can help

someone did that with my last car, if you don't get any luck, buy a multimeter.

with the ignition off have one prong on a metal part of the car, and use the other to test all the wires, the live one will be memory.

Then turn on the ignition, another one will be live (as well as the memory one) that's the switched +12V

the rest are speakers, muck around to your hearts content, til you find two that make sound when wired to one of the stereo's outputs, note the speaker location and wire it into the correct output, repeat as necessary :)

That's how I did it, no doubt someone will have a better suggestion :) Didn't think I did too bad, multimeter less than a fiver...

Also, my car didn't have a -ve wire, I had to wire the plug to a metal part of the car, actually the arial earthed it, but everytime I went over a big speedbump my stereo restarted, so I wired the -ve to the car's chasis

Like I say, worked for me, but just take care....

all you need for basic sound is 1 speaker +ve and earth, better than nothing, worth a go for your 150 mile journey.

if you have a spare 12v bulb and 2 wires you can make a makeshift tester...

According to the haynes manual, which may be lying (seriously)

blue / black = +12v switched
that and earthing the unit's -ve should be enough for it to power up

red / black = memory

brown and black / red is one speaker

and I could be reading this wrong,
black / white and blue is another

like i say this could be wrong. The manual is in black and white, and BW is not listed as a color, so I'm guessing it's black / white

Front Speakers:

LF+ blue
LF- black/white
RF+ brown
RF- brown/black

Rear Speakers:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black
RR+ red/black
RR- pink/black

Orange: Dimmer

Earth: You may need to add one

Yellow: Memory?

Red: Ignition +12v

Blue: Antenna Lead?

The rest you can work out yourself... as I am clueless from there... havent done this in ages...

Wow, the haynes manual really was full of crap, I didn't think those colors sounded right.

actually some of 'em are right... well, left front...

thanks for the help guys,

i got it sorted first thing this morning and all is well, i had to earth it using the cig lighters earth lead

Back