upgrading 1999 headlights to 2002 lights

I was thinking of changing my headlights to a newer stlye so when i broke on headlight in a slight crash i thought i might aswell buy 2 new headlights as it only cost another £20 sooooo hers some pic .....( yep im going to respray the bumper and the black wing)

i've changed them from a 1999 stlye light to a 2001 style .....( well one lights 2001 and the other 2002 but there exactly the same fittings at the back)

(sorry about the old photo)

mymicra1999.jpg

carlightfmix.jpg

and....

carfnewlights.jpg

So what do people think ? I think it looks much better.

Any questons just ask

Looks good, a much fresher look imo. I'm also trying to replace my '99 headlights for some of the '01-'02s due to a chip in one of mine. Personally I'd remove the orange indicator tint and replace with an orange bulb, and I'd leave it chrome, the silver on silver works well.

Bit nosey, but what prices were you looking at? I can replace my broken one for about £20, but all the newer ones I've been quoted for are very steep. So I've not done anything yet.

Looks good, a much fresher look imo. I'm also trying to replace my '99 headlights for some of the '01-'02s due to a chip in one of mine. Personally I'd remove the orange indicator tint and replace with an orange bulb, and I'd leave it chrome, the silver on silver works well.

Bit nosey, but what prices were you looking at? I can replace my broken one for about £20, but all the newer ones I've been quoted for are very steep. So I've not done anything yet.

euro_micra

I found them seperatly for sale on ebay from the same guy ... he wanted £30 each so i offered him £50 for the pair ( inc p&p) search "hillmans motors " in ebay as its scrapyard ( not just some one striping a car) when i looked he had other for sale for a similar price

Hi, mate

A while a go I posted a thread about replacing '99 with '02 headlights. You have given here the perfect answer to my questions :laugh:
Did you notice any difference in the headlights output before after the upgrade?
I have planed to get a set of the '02, they look much better. I'll do the side repeater clear though, I prefer them that way.

Hi, mate

A while a go I posted a thread about replacing '99 with '02 headlights. You have given here the perfect answer to my questions :laugh:
Did you notice any difference in the headlights output before after the upgrade?
I have planed to get a set of the '02, they look much better. I'll do the side repeater clear though, I prefer them that way.

no no differance ( not sure what you mean 2bh) you just un plug the old light in and plug the new one in ? I have 110w bulbs in the light .....................oh wait iv just realsied what you mean sorry.... no not much differance apart from the side lights look better but the main beams dont light the road any better

Strange, I expected to be better actually, having in mind that the lens is clear and made from glass. Mine are plastic and plenty of cracks cover the surface. I removed the haze but crack are still there... That's why I've considered upgrading to '02 headlights

Back