up on bricks?

im needing to remove all 4 wheels wheres the best place to set the bricks up?

ive never thought of using bricks or blocks to prop up a car as ive always had axle stands and my old man used to use ramps also,,,,,always used to say to me if you ever take a wheel off with a jack,slide the wheel under the car while working on it just in case the jack slips youve got a fail safe

i would more tempted to use chocks of wood,like the stuff you see on the back of trailers if i didnt have axle stands,,,bricks can crumble,,crumblings bad

so saying that,the best place for your bricks would at the bottom of the garden,bbq rack,few steaks,that sort of thing

If I didn't have axle stands I'd probably use bricks too., best thing to do is invest in some axle stands. If that isn't an option prop it up with solid blocks and put them directly under the jacking points ( you know what I mean :D )

I've got a pair of axle stands it was really what to do with the rear. I just went to the scrappiest and ended picking up another jack to the rear is just on 2 jacks and the fronts on axle stands

axle stands arent that safe,easy to fall of them.thats why people fling 2 tyres under when using them craps

Up on them bricks,
Swapping my normal tyres for slicks,
Take it down to Tesco carpark to do some drifting tricks and impress the chicks,
I'm not Brian O'Conner and you're not Dominic Toretto, we just look like dicks,
Scraping our exhausts and listening to a homemade Sugababes/Celine Dion mix...

...on cassette.

ynuqyhas.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use bricks sometimes mate and its a very bad idea as bricks are brittle and can get damaged easy.

The cheapest ones you will get which will do the job will be 40p per brick so you may as well get some cheapy axle stands or go to whicks or travis perkins and get yourself a big tall lengh of timber and cut that up.

I use 4 inch tall bits of timber stack them up and they do the job but axle stands will always be the safest.

You car is more likely to shift if on wood and even more likely to shift if on bricks. Believe me I have been there its not fun. Seriously bricks is the worst idea ever dont. They shift, chip, crack and break if you put any sort of pin pointed load on them. You even get some break if you stack them on a pallet wrong

Last edited:
Wood is better than brink, you hear wood start to splinter whereas bricks just go instantly.

Axle stands are best though, but put a small price of timber between the stand and the sill or chassis rail or else it'll be crushed

i think he said something about hijacking cars a few posts up,,,,,bricks,hijacking,,,,next it he will asking how to hotwire,,,,any money

only joking fella!!!!

Back