up grading my front speakers

Hi

2001 celebration

ive put in an alpine 114 header unit in and i'm just waiting for the 3 way 6.5 kenwood speakers to arrive

yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i'm cool,on fitting, thanks to previous post's, I'm just wondering if i can improve the sound anymore by

putting any packing? in the doors

any suggestions any one?

thanks

wouldnt bother with padding but make sure you put the plastic round disc back in so water doesnt get on the speakers.

Does anyone have recommendations for front 6.5" speakers?
Not after super mega awesome sound. Just something reasonable and better than the standard speakers.

I found that the Micra doors, were so light due to a plain door card and no electric motor just vibrated with any sort of bass thrown at the speakers.

I had an aftermarket headunit but didn't bother doing anything behind the door cards. I was going to buy the cheapest sort of sound proofing from ebay, one of those rolls sort of thing. I was going to put it on the skin of the door and on the back of the door card around the speaker and the edges, also on the bits of the door that the door card clips onto.

This way, you won't get much distortion from a no-longer struggling door, you will get pretty much clear sounds and when you get a hefty bassline you'll find the door will cope.

I found that the Micra doors, were so light due to a plain door card and no electric motor just vibrated with any sort of bass thrown at the speakers.

I had an aftermarket headunit but didn't bother doing anything behind the door cards. I was going to buy the cheapest sort of sound proofing from ebay, one of those rolls sort of thing. I was going to put it on the skin of the door and on the back of the door card around the speaker and the edges, also on the bits of the door that the door card clips onto.

This way, you won't get much distortion from a no-longer struggling door, you will get pretty much clear sounds and when you get a hefty bassline you'll find the door will cope.
Dynamat, Brown bread or similar are definitely wothwhile

After sdome googling, I found a thread

"Maximum mounting depth is about 55mm"

Balls.
So ideally I'm after 17cm speakers with a mounting depth of 55mm or less :rolleyes:

Back