Unknown trouble

Hi there microlics :)
I'm Hilário and im from Lisboa Portugal.
I have a k11 1.0 micra from 1997, who has been giving me a headache. Recently has developed a problem, which at first i thought it could be the TB, but since it doesn't show a fault code on the auto diagnosis i did, (yeah a friend told me how to do it, cause he has haynes manual, eh eh). Well i suspected lambda sensor acording to my friend, and so i disconected it (the plug) and ran the car for a while, but the problem is still there. My question is what the hell could it be if it doesnt show a fault code??
Any help would be apreciated
PS - sorry about any english errors, if any, cause i have not written in a while :p

Well he gets some "hiccup" kinda sintoms, as im rolling with him. If i plug the lambda sensor those sintoms get worse, like constant. I lack a correct word to translate, hope you can understand... -.-

The thing that is making me :confused: is that doing the manual error check he gives code 55, wich is everything ok.
If it was TB issue wouldnt the ECU give a fault code?

Could just want a good service. New plugs and filters (fuel and air) and check the dizzy and HT leads... Doesnt sound serious. Normally lamba sensor problems go away when the lamba sensor is unplugged.

It has new spark plugs, new air filter, gasoline filter as well as the injection one... And i had the admission cleaned.
Could it be a broken cable of the spark plugs?

could be broken spark plug cable (HT Lead) or it could be the black thing they are attached too (Distributor or 'dizzy')

can you get access to an ECU consult cable? with a computer you can manually shut down each cylinder and see if there is any fults there.

rlees85 sorry, its hard to know those technicall words in english :p
Well it could be the spark cables yeah, regarding the distributor i changed the rotor as well as the cap.
Nex, he was in the mechanic and he said he wasnt giving any problem he could identify, i say again that i did the auto diagnosis check, as it says in haynes and it doesnt give fault codes...

What it the way to see if the HT lead are broken? Meh i have to get new ones?
If that isnt the problem, $ to the garbage...

rlees85 sorry, its hard to know those technicall words in english :p
Well it could be the spark cables yeah, regarding the distributor i changed the rotor as well as the cap.
Nex, he was in the mechanic and he said he wasnt giving any problem he could identify, i say again that i did the auto diagnosis check, as it says in haynes and it doesnt give fault codes...

What it the way to see if the HT lead are broken? Meh i have to get new ones?
If that isnt the problem, $ to the garbage...

ah yea, but when you have it plugged into a laptop you can use the laptop to switch off the injectors, on each cylinder, meaning that you can hear if one of them has a problem. it sounds like for what ever reason one of your cylinders isn't firing or not firing properly and it sounds like it could be something like a sticky injector or something like that

I tried the "old" tactic, to unplug one by one of the spark cables, and they all seem to work just as expected, meaning they all must be ok. Engine works unstable without the respective cable unplugged.
Nex if the injectors are failing, wouldnt it be a error code for it?:suspect:

OMG those usb cables are expensive :eek:

does the car idle / tick over fine and only misfire during driving or does it have this running issue all the time.

did this running problem occur shortly after fitting any of the new service parts...or did you fit the new parts to try and cure the problem.

id remove the spark plugs and check those and see if one is more contaminated than others, check the plug gap etc...

all electrical connections and earths are worth checking...just because they are easy to do.

though your first post does sound a little similar to a possible throttle body issue.

When the engine is working on idle, he works irregularly.
I read about those TB issues on a portuguese club we have here, but i was told that the ECU would give a fault code in those cases and its not giving any code except 55 (everything ok).
Solarice this started to be a "simple" issue, on traffic junctions whenever i stopped the engine would cut out. I changed spark plugs, filters and even cleaned the admission, but it kept getting worse. Now it doesnt work fine, at ralenti, its irregular and does a "hiccup" kinda sintom.
I will try the resoldering of the TB this weekend and see if it stays ok.

I did the resoldering of TB today with the help of a friend. Now the problem is a constant one, i mean it flashes the check engine light when the problem happens and its constant doing "hiccup". I tried lambda sensor but problem was still there. It also gave me 14 long flashes and two shorter flashes, when seeing the fault codes on ecu...
Im out of ideas... Could this mean i should get a new TB from those ECU guys online? Any ideas mates?

Frank you mean those blue cube fuses between battery and engine? If you do, i have cheked them and they are all fine, no corrosion, at least in the contacts of the fuse, in the place were they fit i dont know... I wil try to see if its corroded there...
By the way, i belong to a Micra Club of Portugal, is there anyway of having a mutual conection, or benefits for us in here, Lisbon? If anyone can say...

Frank you mean those blue cube fuses between battery and engine? If you do, i have cheked them and they are all fine, no corrosion

there are a few threads on ilexa reguarding fault codes 142/143 and they all turned out to be an injector fuse fault iirc (try a search on there :))

I am doing so atm, thanx Frank. I will re-check those fuses first thing tomorrow, maybe some corrosion i dont see...

I read the post you linked me Frank. I must say that if there is corrosion, it must be on the fixed contacts, not on the fuse. Cause i have checked them one by one, i just remembered... If they are corroded what can i do? Direct wiring? Or switch the plastic piece were they plug?

Today i cleaned the contacts wich could be corroded (but they arent) with a contact cleaner spray from Berner, wich is quite good. It removed alot of dust and dirt attached to those plastics. I didnt saw any corrosion, so that chance is out...
Since i dont know what to do more, i guess i only have to buy a reconditioned TB from ECU website, and hope that it fixes the problem :down:

News flash of situation: got my remanufactured TB from ECU guys and have installed it today. Still is doing the same, "hiccup" syntom. Im disapointed :down:
I will try and replace my dizzy with another to see how it works then.
Then i will try new HT leads.

Back