University

If you can afford to then go.

It's an experience, although I learnt far more myself than I did at uni and I work in a different area to what my degree was in.

Besides it a good way to learn to stand on your own two feet and deal with the world at large.

My advice would be that if you aren't sure you want to go, don't. A lot of people might disagree with this, but unless you really want to study a particular subject, there really is very little point. I'm going into my third year of a law degree this year, and if I didn't really enjoy studying law, there is no way I would have stuck the last two years. People seem to think that uni is a breeze, a 3-year party, and don't get me wrong, that side of it is great - I've had some of the best nights of my life at uni, and made a lot of great friends. BUT you will get much more out of it if you wait until you find a subject that really interests you. Otherwise you will be spending considerable amounts of money on a degree which may not even be worth having - there was an article in the Sunday Times last weekend which analysed the fiscal worth of an arts degree, and the conclusion was that they are not currently worth doing.

Wait until you really want to go, you will appreciate being there a lot more and will get a lot more out of it.

Just my thoughts.

I didnt like uni, I left in my second year, it wasnt for me, again if you are not sure than dont go, you have the rest of your life to go to uni, there isnt really an age barrier any more my sister has a 50 year old man on her course

I dont like studying at all, hate it. But, asian family politics, and being the oldest son and all that, Im gonna go. Not just that, if I didnt I wouldnt know what I'd be doing anyway. Innitially it was going to be Medicine, but 6 years studying and the first couple years aint all that good. So I decided on Pharmacy, careeer can easily be self employed. I should be starting in 2 weeks time at KCL.

I can finally live my dream by being a gangster drug dealer (legal)...

Fez, well you never see a skint Pharmacist.

I originally wanted to do Pharmacy / Pharmacology but ended up down a different path.

^^ I thought about pharmacology, but in the end didnt accept the offer. How comes you changed your mind then? Too boring or something. I got the timetable today looks like alot of lectures and stuff

Didn't get on too well with Organic chemistry at college. Still blame this on bad lecturers as I've done some Biochemistry at Uni and got on quite well with it.

Ended up doing a years Electrical and Mechanical Foundation course followed by a BSc(hons) in Broadcast and Multimedia Technology got a 2.1 and now I work in IT lol.

Still wish I had done Pharmacy as no doubt I'd be on a little more a year than I am now, and some of the girls I knew who did Pharmacy were pretty hot lol.

If you get accepted, you might as well go for it. Yeah its alot of money and all that, But thats what student loans are for. Also after 3 years, you'll more than likely be earning more than enough to make the repayments, which even at 15k a year and like £7 a week IIRC. Its really not alot at all. plus the fact they write it off after so long!

In my oppinion, its well worth it!

Its where I'll be at the end of the month! ( well, Hull Uni :))

If your not sure then take a year out to decide, the university and course are still going to be there also it would give you a chance to save up some money to make it a bit easier.

Back