unequal length runner exh mani

you,re just shifting 2 cylinders aint you ed, so that they enter the collector with a delay, so that the 4 powerstrokes are close together (then a silent gap)
here,s a longer pipe test (which suits me because the current pipe is too small for the finished mani)

But the pipe length difference has to be huge no?

mk2 burble mani is sounding pretty damn good :cool:

PA280138.JPG

think you need to make them relative to eachother Frank! have Ex1 the same capacity as C1, then Ex3 is 2C1, Ex4 is 4C1 and Ex2 is 8C1. in theory the bangs will resonate with eachother on their joint tones (at 2, 4 and 8 revolutions), hopefully giving lots of nice "BURBLE"!

Not enough rev :p

Sounds like mine did when me and @enuo attacked it with a 6mm allen key in search of noise at JAE
We drew alot of attention and got told off for being too loud... after the fireworks at JAE of all places

That be why I aint seen it. Say td04 think subaru :p
That's a fairly odd design

If you could mate the ga16 manifold to the cg manifold. You could use its 76mm triangle to mount a ford galaxy diesel tubby. They're 75mm iirc... easy turbo mount :)

the flanges will be discarded mate, welding is far easier than bolting flanges together innit :) (more compact setup too)

I know the pipes are uneven on mine and there's a noticeable noise difference...dunno if its anywhere near what you're trying to achieve mind. Not that i know the difference in length and i'm pretty sure i don't even have any audio either.

Mmm lumpy.

A bit off topic but have you made or tested any 4-1 n/a manifolds, nowt came up in a search, ive got a honda one I was thinkin of reflanging.

Andy

Back