Tyreweld

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Is this stuff any good?
Basically, I'd like to remove the spare tyre and keep a can of this handy instead, think it says, fill whole tyre with one can and don't drive over 30mph.

its basically only for emergencies, i dont have a spare wheel but i have one of those. I never had to use it yet though so wouldnt know

Peugeot fit it as standard in there GTI 180 models and i believe Mini do aswell so it must be good! however i believe its only good for 50 miles or so

fox1983 said:
its good stuff but u wont be able to run on it for too long

Thats the plan, use to get to garage!
Went to Bham last year and got a puncture there, did have spare but did consider taking out as had alot of luggage!

It does seem to work from what I could tell BUT have a foot pump with you, because when I used the stuff there was not enough pressure in the can to inflate the wheel.

its also worth saying that, once you;ve used it, your tyre cant be used again i believe, unlike if you whack your spare on and go to the garage to get the puncture fixed.

Slim said:
its also worth saying that, once you;ve used it, your tyre cant be used again i believe, unlike if you whack your spare on and go to the garage to get the puncture fixed.

lol!!! Like I said, I'd like to remove the spare tyre

goldstar0011 said:
Slim said:

lol!!! Like I said, I'd like to remove the spare tyre

Think you missed slim's point. You could normally swap the spare for the punctured one and get the punctured one fixed instead of replaced, however if you use the weld stuff, you'd need to replace the tyre instead of fix it. You wouldnt have a repair option

Back