Two Part Question - Part Two

(Should have done this one first to get them in the correct sequence.) After I reinstalled the HU it wouldn't come on. Rechecked all the connections and the 10 amp fuse in the unit and the one in the main fuse panel (F220) for the clock and the audio. Both okay, but I replaced them with new ones anyway. What's puzzling is, even though the fuse is okay the digital clock shows no time. Blank! So it would seem I'm not getting power to the clock/audio fuse, and to the HU.

I'm not going to get any joy out of my new speakers unless I get this sorted out. I've called a (recommended) mobile electronics guy and he reckons he can fix things for £40.

I'm desperate and will pay the price if necessary but thought someone here might be able to help me save £40.

Any suggestions?

S

check your earth connection to the head unit.. when i last did one i used the earth wire from the iso adaptor, cutting it at the MICRA end, then soldered a ring on it and fitted it under one of the radio mounting screws!

the micra has the ariel as the earth on alot of the pre facelift models..... try connecting the ariel and see what that does.....failing that, run a fused cable directly from the battery..........by-passing anything that may be wrong..

when i first got mine i couldnt get the cd player to work at all. so i ran my own permanent live (10 amp fuse) ignition live (10 amp fuse) and earth. and thayt got it to work.

you see...so it could just be a wiring problem....cut out the wiring (pardon the pun) and wire in your own and bobs your uncle...

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. This one has got me scratching my head. Everything was working perfectly before I took the HU out. so I take it out, have a look, take a few photos, put it back in and it's dead. Hu fuse ok, F22 fuse to clock/audio ok - but no clock and no audio. Can't imagine a short could have occured without the smell of melting pvc or a toasted fuse, but I'm no electronics boffin.

I may indeed have to run another power source. Going to have a think about this one but all possible solutions welcome.

Thanks again all.

S

Back