tweeters

S

smurfman

hi guys,

really happy with my k11, just want to improve the sq if i can, so i was wondering where people have placed tweeters in their cars?

i want them to be as factory as possible, so they dont stand out to theives and so its not immediately obvious ive changed anything.

i thought underneath the mirror adjusters possibly, the vents that point to the door windows would be ideal but i guess that would affect the vents alot.

anyone else done anything? pics would be lovely :)

A few people have put tweeters in the A and B pillers (left and right of the windscreen)

Yeah, on the higher spec K11s the factory stereo comes with tweeters, so when I upgraded to decent components, I just put the tweeters in there:

128465402_202c3a5f0c.jpg

(That's a sideways on picture btw lol)

And as I got 16.5cm speakers, they fit perfectly behind the original grille:

128465288_e5f8d348e8.jpg

thats the look im going for james :)

what comps are they? ive been looking around and finding some with the right depth is a nightmare.

did you get the Apillars from higher spec (is it the super s?) micra or just mod the one you had?

I have an SR, so they already had the right pillars, however, anything from a GX upwards tends to have tweeters so I'd have a look around your local scrappy, they're quite easy to get hold of.

The components I used were Infinity Reference ones, I cant remember the exact model offhand, but for the main speakers I used an MDF spacer to give the speakers a bit more depth :)

so you can still get the original grilles back on with a spacer?
thats a relief.

i was looking at infinity reference ones, are you happy with them?
i had the refernce 6x9's in my old car (cinquecento) and they were amazing, trying to get more of an sq type system in this car though.

I still have some Reference 6x9s in the rear :blush:

I bought them about 2 years ago when they were £50 at frauds, here's the rest of my setup:

128465199_33ff3ad1c5.jpg

Stealthy!
128465457_80d4193876.jpg

128465548_c740da63e9.jpg

Oh, and the iPod adaptor under my seat hehe :)

looks nice! im still playing with putting the 6x9's in...

is that an auto acoustics shelf you've got or did you make it yourself? i made the one in my cinq and it looked rather, well, crap...

It's an audio acoustics one I think, I bought it off mike, he'll probably be able to tell me who made it, I'll ask next time I see him.

Back