TV screen

danmicra

Ex. Club Member
im thinkin about gettin a TV 4 the car but was lookin at the 1s that flip out oh the HU. but the center unit as the wee over hang where the buttons r. so 2 the point do u think i would modify the center consol with fiber glass 2 get it 2 fit in?

or

has any1 repositioned there HU an if so where 2?

tnx 4 any help
dan

danmicra said:
im thinkin about gettin a TV 4 the car but was lookin at the 1s that flip out oh the HU. but the center unit as the wee over hang where the buttons r. so 2 the point do u think i would modify the center consol with fiber glass 2 get it 2 fit in?

or

has any1 repositioned there HU an if so where 2?

tnx 4 any help
dan

i have seen some people mount the HU further out so that it misses the switches but it looks kinda tacky.

other people have mounted their screens in the dash but that is alot of work.

do you have a pre facelift yea?

i think the best thing to do is try a different screen like a roof screen or a dash screen...

lots of people have sun visor screens

or you could go for what i did and have the TV in the middle of the steering wheel :D

hope this helps :)

I put a 7" widescreen TFT monitor in my K11 for a car pc recently - there's a pic in the thread (http://www.micra.org.uk/t8337-in-car-pc.html).

It wasn't that much work, but it obviously does modify the car a bit. I'm not concerned about resale value or anything like that as I intend to drive my Micra until it dies (it's only a commute wagon!)

I cut the dividing bar which runs below the HU on the centre console and use a Dremel to grind away the plastic around the edge to fit the screen. I used a hot-glue gun to hold it in from the back, and intend to use black silicone to tidy up the edge, although, to be honest, the mounting is done in such a way that you can't really notice the glue etc.

I made a hardboard cover for the screen and stuck the front of an old HU onto this so it looks like there's a crap stereo in there instead of a car pc! the cover is held on with velcro.

Having said all that, you won't get a good picture in this position in bright sunlight, and it's probably a little uncomfortable to watch for the length of a full DVD as you're always looking down...

or fiberglass on the dashboard. Make a Din Slot outta MDF and then use chicken wire to make a curve from bottom to top and then use fiberglass strips , get it all smoothed off and paint then put your In Dash Flip Out Monitor in and wire it all up.. :)

Back