Turbo Water Injection

CMF_Nis

» CMF Member
Hey peeps,

I am currently changing my radiator in my Micra and was thinking about connecting my turbo upto my water supply for cooling.

Where abouts do you guys tee in your water? from the heater matrix hoses just before the they go into the cabin or?

Thanks alot,

James.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
You can only do that if your turbo is water-cooled as well..

I don't understand, either you dont have a watercooled turbo ..therefore can't do it..

or you have one and haven't had the water lines connected ..which is bad.

you can use the water lines from the inlet manifold

CMF_Nis

» CMF Member
I have a GT25RS which uses water cooling but I havn't yet connected them. I have only done about 500miles in total so the turbo has barelky been used. I couldn't connect them up before as the car kept overheating as the standard radiator can't cope.

There are 2 pipes going from the block into the inlet manifold...I take it i just disconnect them at the inlet manifold end and pipe them into the turbo? As I don't really need to heat the inlet manifold.

Thanks alot,

James.

cisco

» CMF Member
Man that's a good turbo! You shouldn't have hooked up it up without the cooling lines. Turbos which are not water cooled are oil cooled, but they have more cooling than your turbo without any cooling hooked up. Leave the coolant lines going into your inlet manifold, they are there for a reason, you can splice into those, or on my car I spliced into the heater lines using little alloy T pieces and ran pipes from there over to the turbo..

CMF_Nis

» CMF Member
Thanks for the advice people :) I'll keep you informed.

Yeah its a nice lil turbo, its running at 1.1bar at the moment. the car is starting to shape up, just tidying the under bonnet area now and sorting out all the loose ends so to speak :)

Nis.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
these are great posts but i think the title of them is a bit off topic as "turbo water injection" basiclly refers to the tecnique of injecting water into the inlet air to cool it.

the title maybe should be something like "connecting water line for turbo" or "water cooled turbos"

Back