so close....fred's turbo progress

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
slowly.... painted water intercooler, Piping, Cam cover gloss black... Mounted new water pump under battery. routed hoses... Things left to do remount a/c-intercooler radiators connect new plumping make the pump controller find/make a rubber boot to cover the pump motor and throw in the turbo... i want to redo the turbo head shield, so maybe in the next few days I'll be turbo'd. Pix to come... and thats stage 1.. stage 2:mapped water injection, stage 3:the electronics........ (boost controller, n14 AFN pre-turbo, simple traction control, fully programmable ignition with knock retard, new instrumentation)

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
hopefully bought the last bits and pieces, clamps and stuff. I'm trying to get it all in this week...... yeh... went for a modded scoby liberty intercooler, ford electric water pump and oil cooler (maybe 2). I wanted to do water/air since everyone else has done FMIC........

Is there anything wrong with mounting the heat shield for the turbo on the inside of the bonnet above the turbo rather than on the turbo (looks bugly...)?

Back