Turbo Question

M

mackem_micra

I'm sure people will be able to help me out here, as there are plenty of turbo'd micras aint there o_O ?!

Where does a turbo sit on the engine - i no you can mount it just about anywhere but i mean where does it actually conect to the engine etc - the on in "raceworx" avtar has two "holes" and was just wondering which bit went where :wasntme: ?!

also what are the best turbos to use and how much fifference does it make form tubro to turbo depending what you use?! am guessing engine revs and boosts and things have a big role to play?!i mean you cant take a turbo off a deseasel car and stick it on a petrol can you or one off a bus or something - that would be a sight:wow:

TIA guys n girls:grinning:

dude if i were you id buy a book called perfomance 4 stroke engine tunning it comes in a package on amazon with perfomance turbos (title will be wrong) or somthing like that.. if you dont know your outlet from you inlet then id start with that...theres actually 4 "holes" on a turbo 1 for the exhaust gasses to go into they run through a turbine blade then out again to the exhaust then theres the innlet that sucks fresh air in through a compressor and out towards the engine the main whole int he middle of the pic is the compressor inlet.. pressureised air goes out the second visible hole to the engine inlet. the big black block on the back is to do with the exhaust gasses.....

turbos come in lots and lots of different sizes the one in my avatar is a GT25RS anything in the T2 range would be suitable... the positoin of the turbo all depends on the manifold..

ok cheers raceworx i'll have a look for it, just wondered if ther was any common ones that people use or if there was any that people new which were easier than others to pick up?!

T2 or T25 always some on e-bay and they are the most widley used for petrol engines.. deisles tend to have smaller ones than an equivalent sized petrol engines

Back