Turbo pro's and con's

Hey guys and gals

Was just wondering what the pros and cons of adding a turbo to a 2000 K11 16V 1.0 would be????

And what turbos normally fit these???

ta :laugh:

I cant make out anything bad about fitting a turbo to a micra. How much it costs maybe? Apart from that i think the average sized turbo is a t25. Ive used a t3 and am going to use a td04 which is a better sized turbo in my opinion. Good things are how fast they are, the looks on other people faces and the smile on your own, fuel consumption isnt all that different, you can run it on standard internals, its not that hard to do the conversion yourself.

Basically if your serious and got a constant flow of money go for it

BOOST BOOST BOOST!!!

I like the sound of all that!!! Would a T2 fit ive seen one for decent money?? if not i think illl start putting some parts together!!! cheers dude!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a parts list i will need to get together or can someone knock one together for me please!! ;D

Cheers Hooded helped me think of stuff toget, just need to sauce my turbo first me thinks.. ive seen a T2 but not sure if there anygood? fwn

Ive seen a TD04 but it says it has a little play on the shaft should i stay clear or can this been sorted?

True its not a supercharger.... The T2 turbo is finishing soon so could do with knowing if there worth gettin or not... cheers guys :laugh:

If it's going on a 1.0 litre running low boost on stock internals, would that not make the T2 ideal Stani? A 1.0 isn't going to produce enough exhaust to spin up a big turbo, a T2 would be nice and responsive surely?

Right guys ive purchased a turbo so my shopping list is on its way (managed to get a Garrett T2 as my first turbo) so ill build up from there.

Would also like to say a big thanks to Stani1029 for PM'ing me a shopping list! Ill keep updating as i go on!!

If anyone wants to jump in with part suggestions then please feel free all help is welcomed..

Back