Turbo and Manifold

Will somebody please throw some light on a suitable Turbo (make and model) and compatible manifold for a 1L Micra.
Any info at all would be helpful. If it's a case of nobody makes one, what has anybody used that works.

A lot of members with turbos use a modified standard manifold with the cat flange cut off and a turbo flange welded in its place. The larger turbo you go, then the more cost involved. A small ct9 from the Glanza will give about a 50hp increase depending on other mods.
Coilpack Micra's tend to be more expensive as the ECU really needs swapping for a more mappable one. There's tons of info on here though, with all manner of permutations.

Thanks for that - very helpful info.
I've started the process off and found a stock manifold to adapt. I want to get all the parts ready to bolt on cos I need my car running in the week.
My Micra is a coil pack - how necessary is it to change the ECU and what to?
Thanks again - Peter

It is possible to map the Bosch ECU, Tornado can do it, but to what extent you'd have to ask them. http://www.tornadosystems.com/
A popular ECU choice is the megasquirt ms2. If you buy the kit and assemble it yourself it's quite cheap. You also need the quadspark unit for it, to drive the coilpacks on your car.

how much boost do you intend to run peter ? and a 1.0 will need a pretty small turbo

Hi Frank - I've looked at the Toyota CT9 turbo (stock) which looks right for the 1L.
I haven't a clue about turbo boost being new to the turbo game - can u advise please.
Thanks
Peter

the coilpack ecu will selflearn to some extent, so a 1.0 on low boost should be able to match the 1.4 power output without a remap imo (with slightly bigger injectors)
i tried a similar size turbo on my 1.0, and found it very laggy, the ct9 was designed for a 130hp engine really.
the main problem with the coilpack ecu seems to be that the self-learn feature tries to "correct" any changes that were made when its been remapped

The Starlet Glanza was only 130hp, so I dare say that without the boost it was around 80-90hp much like the 1.3/1.4 Micra's. There are two turbos to pick from, the ct9a, and ct9b. The 'b' is better lower down the rev range. These are usually on the newer Glanzas I believe.

Hello micra buddy,s just signed up today seeing some of my mate keep saying about how good this site is
I want to turbo my 1.3 k11 and just wondering if anyone or you no anyone who is selling a complete turbo set up for one I am in the bristol area but can travel

Back