tps

warren

Club Member (Trial)
ok i no we had a thread about this before but i am having trouble with my tps, i dont no where it is suposed to be positioned!! can anyone give me information on how i can check it and fix it?

ok i no we had a thread about this before but i am having trouble with my tps, i dont no where it is suposed to be positioned!! can anyone give me information on how i can check it and fix it?

Its a secret Warren.Wait til the man upstairs gets online,by that stage they're will have been 300 veiws, no constructive replys and a load of useless info including this post

haha i love it bit seriously we talked about this yesterday at the show! i do need to find out how to do this and i hope ed will get abck to me with an answer

surely its somewhere connected to the butterfly spindle (not sure if thats the correct name for it:D) in your TB
(haveing no idea about the ST this could make no sense, but atleast i tried:))

Set it for 0.5v at closed throttle. That will do just fine.

Check the voltage at pin 7 on the ecu

eccs.jpg

Check the voltage at pin 7 on the ecu

eccs.jpg

if you were to check the voltage at the plug would this also work? or is there a voltage drop between the plug and the ecu?

just set your mutimeter to the right voltage range, then put the positive probe to the signal wire (pin 7 i guess) and the negative probe to earth and read the voltage when the throttle is closed.

Back