Towing

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Anyone know what the towing figures are for the micra? Braked and unbraked. Also anyone with experience with how the micra goes towing a trailer. I want to do some part time handy-man work on the weekends and need to tow a 6X4 with probably 200kg of tools in it.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
No info on any stickers on the car and lost the manual. Don't have tow bar fitted yet as I don't know if it will work for what I want. Thinking of maybe buying a new......wait for it.......... Great Wall single cab tray back to use for this. Now I don't want to have people posting crap about the great wall utes as I know 6 tradies using them without dramas and there a bargain.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Ok this may be of some use to you:

https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/42098

Specifically, this bit:

makes WROTE:

"The micra is offically rated to tow around 600kg unbraked(including the trailer itself). I have a 6x4 box trailer and have never had any issues with towing stuff around.... The micra is eager enough when pulling the trailer, the main thing to watch out for is braking as the distance required to stop increases a fair bit.

I'm not too knowledgeable about trailers and towing, but I can't remember ever seeing a braked box trailer. Either way, I don't think that 200KG in a trailer would be too much worry in terms of power loss as I've had 4 big blokes and myself in my Micra and that would've been more than 200KG extra easy :p Also, I've never been designated driver since then!

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I've got a small trailor about a 4x4 and the Micra tows it easily full with gravel (the trailor that is), I've towed larger sized cars over shorter distances.
You need to be a bit carefull as I got caught once trying to tow an (empty) box trailor and had to try to make a start from traffic lights on a wet road on a hill, almost did not make it due to wheel spin.

CMF_1275

» CMF Member
750 kg braked here in the UK. I couldn't find a caravan that light that I'd be happy with.

Picture063.jpg

Back