angle
(initial) Base
circle
264 8.35 IN 8.05 0.30 110 φ32
EX 8.00 0.35 115

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Toma.

I believe this model are intended to be 'fast road' cams so they are not too extreme. The motor will still idle well in traffic etc. Someone I know with a Mazda MX5 got around 5-6kw improvement from fitting these type of Tomei cams to his car.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Toma,

For the best value for money performance improvements check out Cisco's excellent article.

http://www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles/1500powerup.php

These cams are only able to boost power if extractors have already been fitted to the motor anyway....

Cams tend to be one of the last things people upgrade... and then only if they are serious about finding every last bit of power.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Far from it Toma.

The Poncams are excellent value for money when you stick to naturally aspirated stuff. You will need to modify your intake and exhaust to get the most benifit from these cams though. And of course with that a quick run ont he dyno to check mixtures - may require an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

However $650 is a joke. You can get these things brand new much cheaper than $650.

I'd love a set of these. It would get rid of the low rpm granny-spec feel the engine powerband has to it...

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
650 is a lot of money but its not actually expensive for what they are. For those of you who say "its a joke" and "its expensive" where can you get them for "much cheaper"? i think we must also remember that importing them yourself for your own use is very different to importing to resale.i import parts and i can get them a little cheaper than what he is selling them for but rarely do people sell things and not at least recoup their money or make a little on the side. all i can say is hes not going to retire after this sale. They retail at 48000yen.... but then youre probably sayin, "who pays full retail anyway?".... ok.... so lets say you get them for 40000yen. which is quite a good discount. divide 40000 by the rate at the moment, (tv says 83 so actual rate at the bank less tt service charges etc about 80yen to the dollar) you get $500aus dollars. to send this ems from japan working on approx 6kg including boxes and extra packaging, would cost 9600yen. 9600/80 = 120aud. if you do the maths thats $620 aud. THIS IS ONLY IF IT DOES NOT GET HIT WITH 10% DUTY AND 10% GST! I hope this calculation sheds some more light on what these things really cost. But for those who still think that they can get these for "much cheaper" (sorry yom) than 650 then please let me know!

P.S. I DONT KNOW THE GUY SELLING THE CAMS ON EBAY!

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I would agree with GTRHOLIC. Sounds like a fair price - though not a give-away.

As Makes indicated they are a pretty mild cam - the Micra has tiny valves so need a fair bit of lift in a NA application to get more stuff in and out of the cylinders.

The DATRATS ones - though higher lift - are going to set you back double that. And you'll need to have a set of donor cams to send off first. So the Tomei ones are an easier/cheaper option for a little bit of extra poke.

By the way GTRHOLIC I love your ride. Awesome body kit and wheels. I'd love a set of your wide arches on mine.

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Try "perfectrun" . Last Dec $589 all up , 44000yen ($511 at that time) ,$78 by EMS postage to Sydney.

And that's 256 degree ,8.35mm lift in/ex

Attachments

• 14451.jpg
    14451.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 26

cisco

» CMF Member
Its so tempting with them just sitting there on ebay.

But nah.. I don't need to lose any bottom end torque.

Back