To strip or not to Strip

Would you strip it out?

• Total voters

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
Im really sitting on the fence weather to strip just the back of the car out! I dont really carry that many passangers so it would be good no to carry the extra weight around! However sometime Im not sure I want to strip it out as I would loose my parcel shelf speakers and the ability to carry more than 1 additional person.

What do you reackon?

what evers fit for purpose, i dont carry passengers, they have buses and trains!!ha ha

seriously if you need them leave them in , if you dont then get rid of it

a few of us on here are literally pulling evrything of our cars to see how much they weigh, go better aswell!

When I had mine last year I striped it out at the rear 4 months later the seats were back in, personally I wouldn't do it again

I just voted 'strip it out' dude - you know it makes sense. What are you, a taxi :laugh:?

I just voted 'strip it out' dude - you know it makes sense. What are you, a taxi :laugh:?

Yeah, but a very expensive taxi, I charge them loads for lifts :laugh:, yeah like i say im sitting on the fence Im really not sure even though it makes sense.:doh:

Wait 'til we're next at Santa Pod - there'll be seats and head rests flying about all over the place. Half of them'll be mine :laugh:!

if you've got itchy fingers take it out, rememeber where it all goes and go with it for a while

if yes then keep here out

see i cant stand drivininng stock handling/interior micras, i like to feel like im in a track car, feels awesome

ask sleeper ss, hes gone balls out on his and im following!:eek:

take the seats out as a temporary thing until you need them back in, then fit them and then decide weather your going to take them out again. its onlt a few bolts!

If youre serious about stripping it...theres nothing stopping you replacing the seats with a bit of carpet cut to the same size you could use all the bolt holes to hold the carpet in place, plus youd still have a semi secure boot, the parcel shelf could stay put and youd have a little sound deadening...and youd only be putting back a little bit of weight. :)

Its something im very tempted with...at the moment.

The seats and parcel shelf dont really weigh that much so either keep it all or strip it right back like a few on here have done, some have even grinded their own fingers back a little to save weight :p

get strippin eliot :grinning: stripping from the rear can certainly help your 1/4 mile times, and reducing weight from the front can help trackday lap times eh

Back