To all those with induction kits

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
Ok, having spent 3 hours at my dads garage chucking spanners at him trying to fit a new filter i recieved we need to clarify something. is it 100% definatley legal to take the old air pan off and fit the filter straight onto where it went. What do we do with the tube coming off the box? A vacuum pipe or something as my dad described it.

He seems to think if its not connected to the air intake system its illegal and will fail its MOT. He's had dozens of tubes and jubilee clips etc trying to fit the filter onto the air pan where the normal air intake tubes are. (which we removed obviously)

Any advice would be appreciated, pictures would be fantastic as hard evidence against him. I've seen it done and know it shouldnt be a problem

Rob

i know what bit of pipe you mean and no its not illegal, i think on some insurance policies you might have to tell them that you have put on an aftermarket air filter but dont worry your not going to fail your MOT by taking off the stock filter and piping

The breather hose that comes off the rocker cover can not vent into the atmosphere, best to put a mini filter or oil catch tank on it. The vacuum hose can be blocked with a small screw or bolt.

Rob, have a look at my blog, I've fitted a filter where the cam-cover is and the main filter directly ontop of the Throttle Body.

the small vacuum pipes go to the carbon canister, evaporation capture thingy, iirc, which wont fail the mot

Wow, some pretty quick responses, thanks guys, i'll break it to the old man subtly (probably with a victory dance or something)

I'll look at your blog Phil for the pictures, since we're using the same filter it should be more useful to me (Y)

Back