Tinted Windows

My k11 has the front side windows tinted, which im sure is illegal by law, it looks to be the stick on tint, has anyone ever removed this? I have a bad feeling it will come of in millions of little peices, or maybe not at all!
thanks in advance.

my mate has his own company just called him. use a small blade (stanleyknife) run it over the edge so it removes the coveraway from the glass. then pulldown and away from the glass, sticky stuff will be left on the window just use warm soapy water and a scrubber pad to get it off ;)

Front side windows are not illegal if they let through 80% of light i think, maybe 90% i remember it being a stupid amount. Back three windows you can spray paint =D

Front side windows are not illegal if they let through 80% of light i think, maybe 90% i remember it being a stupid amount. Back three windows you can spray paint =D

NO.... it is illegal mate no tint on front windows, IF you get them done the company with surplys and fits it SHOULD make you sign a disclaimer for it

In Ireland the front windows must be with 65% see through, the least, to pass the NCT check...

What if you visit Great Britain, do you need to remove your tints then?

NO.... it is illegal mate no tint on front windows, IF you get them done the company with surplys and fits it SHOULD make you sign a disclaimer for it

Lol where have you got that from all manufacturers sell cars with with front tinted windows, a light smoke tint is completely fine otherwise it wouldn't be sold as legal tint I've got 2 different grades of tint and we tested with a police light gun passed with flying colours and it was fairly dark, you could make out the driver just

if you wanna remove them mate then the best way is with a hairdryer. when i bought my k11 it came with bling tints, not my thing tbh. so me and the mrs removed them. warm them up from the inside and start peeling from the top where there should be a gap. just keep the hairdryer on them and almost all of the glue will come off. if any is left on just get some tar and glue remover from the pound shop. works a treat.

as for the legal side. most people get a light smoke on the front side windows. most companies supply a legal light smoke, but, alot of stock windows have a slight tint which then once tinted becomes illegal. i know the k11 facelift si has a factory tint but most base k11's dont. its only a slight tint on the si but if you roll the window down half way then look through the gap then look through the glass you can see the difference. hope this helps and sorry for the waffle. :p

It wont matter if you get a stroppy police officer stop you he will write you up a ticket then make you peel it off before you continue, but like everyone has already said its easy to get off.

ok i missunderstood what my mate had said. yes its 75% light must come through, but he said most moddern cars are tinit from factory so if you put a 25%tint ontop the factory tint it wond have enuf light showing through didnt shoot me just the messnger, was trying to help thats all

Back