tinted windows

what would it cost to have my windows tinted on my neroblack k12 1.4 activ ?
and where would you recommend near staffordshire ?.

thanks Gary.

Good evening.

Just had mine done almost 2 weeks now. Thye look absolutly excellent, probabily the best thing I ever got done to the car, mine is techno grey colour micra. 3dr.

I paid 150 quid. Cheapest quote was 130, but it was a few miles out of town so i left it.

Hope that helps you. I live in Birmingham so cant help with tints in staffs. But a lot of ads in the back of auto trader.

Use yellow pages and word of mouth for tinting companies. Ive noticed a few companies no longer advertise since the new laws about tints were put in place, but if you speak to the companies, they'l still do it

Jag, you got any pics of your car with the tints?

Good evening.

Just had mine done almost 2 weeks now. Thye look absolutly excellent, probabily the best thing I ever got done to the car, mine is techno grey colour micra. 3dr.

I paid 150 quid. Cheapest quote was 130, but it was a few miles out of town so i left it.

Hope that helps you. I live in Birmingham so cant help with tints in staffs. But a lot of ads in the back of auto trader.

birmingham as well? excellent, can you tell me the place you took your car to in birmingham? either the 150 or 130 one will do. cheers

Hi.

Will post pics on Monday, I will take some shots.

Tints was done 150 at gt. bridge, near dudley. do you know?

The place in birmingham I forgot, but they were in the auto trader.

Hope you like.

my.php

Hows that?

lol.

There only 5% out. The picture depicts them as been darker than what they are, you can still see in through them pretty well to be honest.

he he he.

u sure only 5% cuz its meant to let through something like 70% of light which on tints is practically c through shouldnt b "you can still see in through them pretty well" it should look like theres almost no tint there

i had 35% on. You can see through tthem pretty well, the picture shows them a hell of a lot darker. I will take a pic of them again later on from the side.

But either way they look excellent, he he he.

NICK NICK!!!!
They do look nice... But 35% tints ARE ILLEGAL on the front!

35 refers to the amount of light let through!!! The company that did mine (35% rear and tail) said they don't do a tint that's legal when combined with the tint already in the original glass, only a security/uv block film. (more info try www.sctints.co.uk)

The lads 2 doors down from us was forced to remove if at the roadside (with a scraper!!) when pulled by local plod or they would impound their motor.

my gaffer does 40'000 miles a year had the car for 2 years, he has limo black on 5 windows and a slight tinit on his front. He's only ever been pulled once and was told to just remove them or get them changed when he gets home, he still got them on now, no problems :grinning:

I took mine to an MOT place today and they said its fine and said because you can see the dials etc straight off from a distance, I wouldn't draw attention.

Hundred and fifty quid well spent I say. :upside: :upside: :grinning: :grinning: :unclesam:

It varies I suppose, its the lck of the draw. I must admit though, I will keep them as they are until told otherwise.

you are very lucky then, my mate was told to rip them off by bare hands in front of the police.

i got a quote of £130 tinting all five windows, thats very good value i think. or £170 or something and do it in your driveway.

cool.

The amount of cars that I see that have clearly illegal tints is shocking. Seen loads on biy racer cars, audi's, Bmw, all sorts. Must just be lucky in the mids :laugh: season of goodwill as well :laugh:

Back