Tinted lights, opinions please!

L

lewis

Just tinted my lights.....couldn't get the light out so I had to wrap newspaper round them before I sprayed em (Paddy's tip). How are you supposed to get them out? fwn

Anyway, heres some pics, what do you think would look better, these or the clear ones?

16-DSC03296.JPG

14-DSC03300.JPG

15-DSC03301.JPG

mean micra said:
thats gawjus mate...

one tip spray the boot handle body colour will make a huge difference...nice mate..

cheers :kungfu:

going to smooth the boot some time mate, theres a guy around this end who has it done and it's pretty tidy.

Not really keen them myself (even though ive done it in the passed) but youve done a good job

erm btw u need to have reflectors NOT TINTED to pass MOT so i think now ull have to buy some reflectors for MOT time :)

Tinted Lights look good on some colours of micras and dont on others.

Personally my honest opinion black tinted rear lights on a blue car i dont like. But it aint my car. I think tinted rear lights would look better on red and black micras. On this car i would of proberbly looked into blue tinting spray.

Of course im only saying my opinion on the picture. Of course they would look better in real life but i still aint sure. Some micras like White ones with tinted black lights are a NO NO and should have clear rear lights imho as it blends with the bodywork.

Get the boot handle sprayed. Ill be getting mine sprayed soon too :)

done a good job spraying them though mate :)

black goes with any other colour...so why good on a red one and not a blue one?

looks 100% better!

i'm gonna get some clear ones on my white micra sometime (probably once I get the money) and sort out my 101 other niggling problems with it :)

Yeah it looks really good - come and show them off at the meet Lewis,lol. What is the deal with the reflectors? obviously it needs to have a reflacting part on it so can you not just mask off the reflector and paint the rest?

looking good :)

you have to use a hair drier to melt the seal so you can push the headlights out... really easy :)

Now i've seen it done i think i'll be doing that for both mine (a black car) and my missus (a blue car) - :D

Job Well done.

Good job lewis :D nice to see you took my tip about the news paper ! lol works a treat dunnit ! i think i need to re-spray mine as a stooooopid person somehoe scratched them (not me)

NeX said:
looking good :)

you have to use a hair drier to melt the seal so you can push the headlights out... really easy :)

just what I was looking for.

unfortunately now I've seen them in the daylight they are kinda 'streaky', I did kinda rush them when I was doing it so it serves me right. Gonna do them again with thin coats this time (....i know you guys have said it a million times).

Cheers for the comments guys, pretty chuffed with them myself! Only down side is the fact I'm gonna need reflectors, does anybody know where I can get a hold of some semi-decent ones?

scottish-sr said:
Yeah it looks really good - come and show them off at the meet Lewis,lol. What is the deal with the reflectors? obviously it needs to have a reflacting part on it so can you not just mask off the reflector and paint the rest?

Sorry didnt read this first time round.....

I really don't want to bring my car in the shape its in just now, sorry to be a fud but it's just how I feel....

The reflectors.....not reaaaally sure to be honest, I'll just stick on some reflectors for the MOT, the guy who will do my MOT isn't as strict as he should be, so shouldn't really be a problem!

Back