tigertoes

Greetings, wish I had found this site earlier, might have saved me some problems. I have only owned my Micra LX 1993 for 3 months and I love the look, style, and handling. Now it is sick and I will search the site for answers and help. I hope peeps are out there who can advise me on the best (and cheapest) fixes. :(

Greetings, wish I had found this site earlier, might have saved me some problems. I have only owned my Micra LX 1993 for 3 months and I love the look, style, and handling. Now it is sick and I will search the site for answers and help. I hope peeps are out there who can advise me on the best (and cheapest) fixes. :(
Welcome...

What is the problem(s)?

hi, thanks for inquiring about my problem. the clutch pedal has hit the floor, I'm stuck in first gear. It had been making a griinding sound earlier in the day but that stopped. My guess ( female thinking here) is one of two things. First the cable has snapped or stretched . Second ( more expensive ) the clutch itself needs replacing. :(

If the clutch hits the floor with no resistance then you have indeed snapped the cable/lost fluid (as I'm not sure if k11 are cable or hydraulic)

thanks. that sounds a lot cheaper than having to replace the clutch. I have been wondering what the reference to K11 is? You people are great, thanks for the assist. I will keep you updated on how it go's. Now to find a helpful soul to do the work. ( I might break a nail.) :laugh:

thanks. that sounds a lot cheaper than having to replace the clutch. I have been wondering what the reference to K11 is? You people are great, thanks for the assist. I will keep you updated on how it go's. Now to find a helpful soul to do the work. ( I might break a nail.) :laugh:

K11 is the chassis number model shape etc k10 square boxy one, k11 bubble shape, k12, k13 etc

The cable has been replaced but the problem remains. Adjusted it careful until the pedal felt right and I can get gears when it is not running. Start it up and it sounds awful. Heavy vibration and very hard to select the gears ( when I can get it into gear). A test drive, 50 yards has confirmed I cannot drive it in this condition. Further adjustment has not helped, tightening or loosening, so I am pricing up having the clutch done. Unless anyone has any suggestions.

The cable has been replaced but the problem remains. Adjusted it careful until the pedal felt right and I can get gears when it is not running. Start it up and it sounds awful. Heavy vibration and very hard to select the gears ( when I can get it into gear). A test drive, 50 yards has confirmed I cannot drive it in this condition. Further adjustment has not helped, tightening or loosening, so I am pricing up having the clutch done. Unless anyone has any suggestions.

that sounds more like the thrust bearing has gone, or even worse a bearing in the gearbox itself.

ok. The thrust bearing had seized, and broken the clutch plate. New kit in place, new cable and she is running like a dream. Thanks for the help. here's hoping nothing else go's wrong, but she is an old lady and working really hard so some TLC was in order. Thanks again.:grinning:

Back