theroy test

G

gazieb

just been reading about the meets in the north east and i want to b part of them so has any got any hints or tips for getttin through that (Editting for swearing, please dont do it as my little sister comes on here and i dont want her to see stuff like this- Mike) theroy every one says to me its commen sense well i must b ttly dense because i cant do it i cant take it in when reading the high way code and i get bored on about the 15th question on the practice disk :down:

i need to get through my test :(

hi. dont listen to the people who say its common sense... yes to some people it might come easily... but others it dont, i know lots of people who didnt quite get a grasp of it at first.
for the questions id say buy the book with all the questions in and just go through them 1 by one and get a grasp of them individually, you dont need to memorise them just grasp why the answer is what it is so if it comes up in test u understand it, this mite take a little longer to do but its worth it in the long run.

the CD rom is very usefull but definitly read through the book, it only becomes common sence after youve read through it! Sometimes the CD rom questions do be the same, you need to read through the book because the actual test is more varied.
You'll be grand im sure, just eliminate the wrong answers and leave no blanks!

RE: RE: theroy test

kev_mono72 said:
just eliminate the wrong answers and leave no blanks!

Sound advice there. :D

Having said that, the only revision I did for it was reading my highway code book on the bus on the way to the test. :wasntme: Just got to do the 'other' bit now. o_O

I used the CD Rom and did hours and hours of practice. When it came to the test, i only got one wrong. The layout of the CD to the exam computer was exactly the same, even used the same pictures, wording etc etc!! Highly recommended. Would also advise in reading the questions fully and carefully, as sometimes you can get the same question twice, but worded a different way.

Have you got your test booked?

I just read the book during free time at college. It wasnt exciting at all. Zzzzzz passed with 100% though :)

yeah go for the cd rom and do 'mock' tests. time yourself to see how long it takes you, then work out how much time you should spend on each type of question.

then in the real thing you know which ones to whizz through and which questions you can spend time on.

:)

the theory bit is ok with practise. you can buy the CD rom from asda for like a fiver and i found this more useful than the one i was sent. you can also do mock tests online on the AA website.
the hazard perception is a bit more difficult, but only because it isnt explained very well. the main part is to remember to reclick when the hazard gets worse. but not overclick because it will just void your score.
practise makes perfect!
best of luck

Hey

So long as you have a fairly good understanding of road situations signs and road markings you will be fine a high percentage of questions are common sense, i read one book a few times just to get an idea of the hazard perception, also go out in a mates car with him driving and get him to test you , with questions like whats coming up on the left and you say bus stop junction oncoming traffic, this will help raise your awarness, i thoughgt id failed when i walked out but passed,

COMMON SENSE IS THE KEY

Mike

Good Luck

it shouldnt matter if you get bored practicing on the CD, if your passionate to drive then you will just get on with it, im only saying this because the CD is very useful IMO, I only got 34/35 on my test :( lol

i got 38/40 here, i gone one wrong about how to get off a motorbike (who cares!!) and another was some question on emissions (again, who cares!)

a few friends bought the cd and books and found the,m very helpful, i on the other hand bought them and never looked at them :p and passed first time :p
neways gd luck :)

What ever you do dont spin on the really nice leather chairs in the test room as this really annoys them. I got told off after about 10 minutes of mucking around.

Its easy so dont worry, i revised with a CD i bough the day before the exam.

Mike

Does the DVLA still have mock theory tests on their website? Been over 5 years since I last did mine so the website may have changed now. :upside:

thanks alot ian but ive got the cd a just cant take it in hope fully if a keep tryin soon or later it will click thanks alot m8 anyways :laugh:

all these kids with there cd-rom theroy test technology :D....but that aside, yeah keep reading / practicing..just remeber its for the greater good. ;)

i got a cd given to me and i havnt used it yet... but then again i STILL dont have my provisional :p

Attachments

• dan.jpg
    dan.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 152
  • dan1.jpg
    dan1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 148
  • ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 176
  • ed2.jpg
    ed2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 142
  • ed3.jpg
    ed3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 150
  • james.jpg
    james.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 148
  • almera1.jpg
    almera1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 131
  • corsa1.jpg
    corsa1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 154
  • mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 151
  • odd.jpg
    odd.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 179
  • odd1.jpg
    odd1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 167
  • saxo1.jpg
    saxo1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 156
  • mr22.jpg
    mr22.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 176
  • mr23.jpg
    mr23.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 170
  • supra2.jpg
    supra2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 141
  • supra7.jpg
    supra7.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 161
  • supra4.jpg
    supra4.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 176
MA 12.5 :-p said:
i got a cd given to me and i havnt used it yet... but then again i STILL dont have my provisional :p

:p proper theory one with practice hazard awareness thingies :p

i am currently doing my theory too and its a bugger, my driving is good but i need the theory to be done
i think it is common sense :) the onli problem i have is i just dont ever do my theory lol...
i have started today and my boyfriend tells me off if i dont do it, so revising hear i come :)

good luck babe, im sure we can get thru it :)

Back