Thearmostat housing pipes corroded

Hi, found leaking coolant from hoses coming from the thermostat housing ass'y. Took off the hoses and check them for holes however they are fine. However the pipes (2 pipes : goes to heater and goes to the back tube)from the housing assy does not look good due to corrosions. I thinks is heavily corroded that is ate most of its length that is where the leak is coming from. Its my 1st time to do this so need your advice in whats the best thing to do... Also how can I take off the thermostat housing assy, any guide pix to show may help me fix this up the DIY way..BTW any special tools and materials that I need? Thanks.

Hi, found leaking coolant from hoses coming from the thermostat housing ass'y. Took off the hoses and check them for holes however they are fine. However the pipes (2 pipes : goes to heater and goes to the back tube)from the housing assy does not look good due to corrosions. I thinks is heavily corroded that is ate most of its length that is where the leak is coming from. Its my 1st time to do this so need your advice in whats the best thing to do... Also how can I take off the thermostat housing assy, any guide pix to show may help me fix this up the DIY way..BTW any special tools and materials that I need? Thanks.

Hi mate, just undo the three bolts surrounding the thermostat housing to remove it ( it might be stiff so just give it a light tap with a mallet ) an aftermarket supply er should be able to hook you up with a new one, or wreckers if you can find one better than your original one. Worth putting in a new thermostat and gasket while you are at it

Was able to remove assembly with 3bolts. Rust just ate through the pipe. Had anyone tried replacing the pipes? Or better to go to the scrapy yard?

Attachments

• 1473677878133.jpg
    1473677878133.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 1473677904053.jpg
    1473677904053.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 175
One more thing, I have a '96 1.3 March. Is the thermostat assembly the same as the 1.0? Just confirming because I read some where that they are common and will just fit on the engine block. Need your advice.. thanks

Back