Thanks and need help again

CMF_wildbill

» CMF Member
hi, big thanks to alex b for the throttle body repair, 1st class foto's and well explained, alex, i promise to buy you lots of beer whenever i see you next.

1995 1.0 16v broke down at the w/e, AA came out and found no spark at the plugs, took the connector off the dizzy and said that voltages were ok, including the crank sensor, suggests that it may be the control electronics ? in the dizzy. When someone says to me it cant be repaired ( like the nissan guy said about the TB ) i want to at least have a go. cant find my haynes manual to strip the dizzy, has anyone repaired, rather than replaced a dizzy before ? Did a search and not sure if this is the problem or maybe something else. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again, wildbill from Bonnie Scotland.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
wildbill

not sure that a 95 k11 has a crank sensor as such! you should be able to get a s/h dizzy for 20 quid from a scrappie no sweat! doubt if its a diy repair! haynes just covers removal only (nothing about stripping it)

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
wildbill

its a doddle, 2/ 12mm bolts and it pulls off! best to scratch a line around the head to dizzy joint to keep your timing settings and the drive slot on the end of the cam is offset!

frank

Back