TB issue and installation questions

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Pretty sure I know what the problems is but will run it by others on this site first.
When driving the car it stutters quite aggressively and makes the car jerk something terrible. When at the lights (or not revving it) the revs drop to zero and it stalls. I think it is worse the hotter it is. The TB has been resoldered previously (not sure how long ago). I assume it is a TB issue, so will look into purchasing a new one on the net. Apparently others on the site have bought them without complaint.
Is replacing the complete TB unit a job that a relative novice can do,assuming they have the Haynes Manual ? Do you need special equipment to set it up/or is setting up tricky and best left to a motor mechanic. i.e what are the chances of me f*cking it up ?
Cheers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
It's a pretty simple swap, just do as Doom mentioned above; and you should be sweet; I think I have one laying around somewhere only don't 10,000km or so

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Hi Frank (the micra legend),

Yep - it definitely was sucking the juice big time. I have got the TB resoldered.(I saw a post saying you had bought one without problems off ebay so I bought one as well just in case).After resoldering all the issues seemed to disappear.Still seems to be sucking juice but i am right in the city doing a lot of start/stop traffic. At best i get around 380-410 klms per tank so it is not overly bad i guess.

On another topic - Is it me or is it impossible to fit 42 litres of fuel in the tank ? The haynes manual says 42 litres is the capacity but after the tank is practically empty and I refill I am pretty sure I am struggling to get 30 litres in.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i was thinking maybe a coolant sensor problem penpusher ? i run with 2 sensors wired in parallel personally, to cut down on the coldstart enrichment time (the time that the ecu holds the choke knob out) that helps on city driving.
and i think you need over 5 L of fuel to touch the pickup pipe in the tank

Back