• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Take it to it's first event

I entered another autosolo in Dec and here is some of the footage shot on that wet but drying day. I made my first mistake here, I taped the handbrake button in so I had a fly off handbrake, then parked the car in gear. When I wanted to warm the engine I reached in through the window and turned the key, it started and drove off across the car park without me! :blush:
That's why I only have 3 spotlamps

As you can see it's lifting an inside rear wheel, even in wet low grip conditions! The cut rear springs kept falling off the top perch too. Something needs to be done with the suspension before we win anything with this one.

So now you know what autosolo looks like. Usually 3 runs at each test with a 5 sec penalty for each cone struck and a huge penalty for going the wrong way. One of your three times is dropped and your scores totalled and compared to other cars from your class. Often there are 3 tests or more in a day. Nippy, manouverable cars with good tyres are best, but anythig will do, the Passat Tdi does quite well but the Volvo 360 and the Citroen ZX are a sight to behold. Some mods are allowed but car must be driven to event, have legal tyres, mot, tax etc interior etc must be retained. No special equipment is required hence standard road cars are suitable.

So come and join in, that's an invitation.

Back