• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Take it to test

New years day I took it to a club autosolo to test my mods. Here are some pics of the car in action that day.
Micrainaction2.jpg

Micrainaction1.jpg

Micrainaction3.jpg

As you can see the rear wheel is lifting hugely and ther's no go kart handling anywhere to be seen. The outside edge of the front tyres is still wearing off because the contact patch fold under the wheel at high cornering loads, this causes understeer. I'm still several seconds per run off the pug 205's, Saxo's, Puma, Fiesta etc Not happy. Came home wondering if I made the wrong car choice.

Yes Frank, but there's a limit to how much 1 possibly 2 tyres can generate before they fold or misspresent to the ground and start to slide, which is what's happening here. There's a lot more grip left to pick up by 1) stopping the tyre from folding by fitting a smaller/stiffer sidewall IE a 14inch wheel AND 2) keeping some of the cars weight on the inside 2 wheels.

would it help bringing the wheels further out to line up nicely with the arches front and rear creating wider area between them with decent spacers-dont know much about olo gees though your cars looking real fine though

Yes, it would be better with a wider stance, the micra is 30mm narrower at the back if memory serves. Whiteline Anti roll bars are in the pipeline too.

Back