Tailgate rattle

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Hey,

Ok, Its been goin on for a while, and I still cant figure out what it is, but when im driving, something inthe boot/tailgate is rattling... Its hard to describe how it sounds..

Anyone any ideas what it could be?

I thought initially it might have been the spare rubbing against the metal.. But I covered it in towels and its still there! loll

Thanks!

Chris

if it sounds like rubber squeaking against metal check the rubber bump stops on the tailgate itsself. if worn and corroded will give a squeak. mine were like this, new solved it :)

Could be the locking mechanism in the boot hatch? I know mine rattled, I ended up tightening up the locking system :)

haha i had this problem yesterday...the boot catch bolts had rattled lose. but they was that lose the boot wouldnt shut :p so could be this...just tighten up the bolts.

THanks for the replies! Ill try tightenin the catch.. If its still there, Ill try the rubber stops :)

If all else fails... Is it legal to drive without the tailgate :p

Cheers :)

I THINK!!! (Fingers crossed) Its sorted.

I'll tell u what I did in just a sec, but I just took it on 20, 30 and 40 roads and it didnt rattle, so!!! For anyone whos interetested and anyone who might search in the future:

There's that metal panel on the inner bootlid which I'd guess would house the wiper motor if you have a model that comes with one. (mod for a later date for me!)

Well, I noticed some of the screws on this panel were a little loose.. Gave em a tighten: Job done :)

Simple as! lol

Thanks for the replies guys :) I did check everything but the suspension!

Chris

That explains why mine doesn't squeak since I replaced my numberplate (I lost the panel that covers the wiper motor).

Back