Boot Rattle

Another noise i'm afraid. This time it's boot rattle. I've had this before and I took off the metal plate which sorted it. However it's come back. I noticed that on the metal rod on the right which I think controls the boot mechanism there was what looked like a metal keyring hanging on it. Does anyone know where this fits or where its come from?

I've jammed the back with sponges but still no luck.

Thanks

Thanks Agent Smith! Any idea how to get it back on or to stop it rattling? Pic attached of what I was greeted with

Attachments

• WP_20150629_001.jpg
    WP_20150629_001.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 336
It's broken at one end so it can't be refitted. All the locks on the car have the same springs fitted so go and get one from the scrapyard. Unclip the yellow plastic piece off the rod, then slide the lock retaining spring off from around the lock body. Then remove the lock to fit a new spring when you've got one.

Just unclip it then remove the rod to slide off the ring. Then clip it all back. You don't need that spring. You can go about removing the lock if you ever get a new spring. I just told you how to do it that's all.

Oh right I see! Apologies, I'm not that good when I comes to mechanical stuff, thanks so much for your help. I'll remove the spring and see if it the boot ceases rattling. I have a pet hate for odd noises in my car, spoils happiness somewhat.

Yes I think I remember you telling me this before! I taken that off and just left it off. A tree fell on the back of the boot and dented some of the holes that this screws into so I don't think I'll be able to get it back on. The boots still rattling so I'm going to go to a breakers when I have a minute and have a go at fitting a new one.

The boot locking catch also rattles on a lot of them as well. I wrapped a little bit of tape around the locking bar that's bolted to the rear slam panel around where the latch grabs it.

Thanks but I've tried this already with no luck :/ It's quite bizarre that even with sponges jammed into the back and tape on the locking bar that it's rattling away. Is there a way of tightening the lock mechanism as it's quite loose.

Back