Annoying boot rattle

Hello

I'm a newbie to the forum and would like some advice. My K12 1.2 S has an annoying rattle which sounds like its coming from the rear, passenger side in the boot. Thought it was parcel shelf so took it out but it isn't! My mate has suggested it's the boot catch but this seems solid.

She suggested I take it into her garage (VW) and the nice mechanics there will take a hammer to it.The garage I usually go to says there's nowt wrong other than the plastics are a bit rattly. But there must be summat wrong! It's driving me mad. Any ideas?

on my k11 the boot key lock linkage is c-clipped on loosely and so rattles about. stuffing a rag between it and the boot sorted it out

Thanks for the replies so far. I checked the tool set a while back and it aint that. A Nissan technician my mate knows is pretty sure it's the boot catch but it seems pretty solid to me.

To be honest, the whole of the car seems to shake and rattle a lot when I go over rough roads but it's just been through a service and MOT and there were no reported probs with suspension. I've had that checked over three times this year and although there's slight movement it's nowt to be worried about apparently.

I love my car but the noise is driving me crazy. :down:

Might be a long shot, but check the plastic cover of the latch on the boot lid. Mine broke and made it really noisy as the link between the lid and the rest of the car was not tight.... Basically it's a bit of a lame design. New part should be dead cheap tho (mine was in warranty)

We had this problem and had the seal replace on the boot hatch (like a clack clack noise over bumpy roads). If you have the rear seats on runners they can rattle.

Had the same problem with mine when I bought it. Turned out to be the plastic cover that covers everything on the hatchback (wiper motor etc). This is held on by several plastic catches, and it had been put back on badly by a previous owner. It was vibrating like mad. A ###### to get on properly, but not had a sound out of it since.

We had a similar problem.
The adjustment on the boot catch was not enough to tighten down the rear hatch. We pulled off the boot seal, put a length of cable in the seal groove ( cable was about 3mm diameter total) and re fitted the seal, effectivly tightening it all up by 3mm.
Result, no more rattles over bumps.

It may not be your problem, but it works on ours.

best of luck

Andy

Back