Tachometer installation for facelift

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Right... I have tried to upload a picture of the wiring diagram but for some reason cant... basically i am installing a tachometer... on a facelift but i am quite confused about the wiring...

from the back of the dials is the loom with all the different colour wires. According to the haynes manual there are 5 wires what come directly off of the dials and go elsewhere... these are as follows...

Green goes straight to drivers door switch
Red goes to fuel level sensor
Blue/Yellow goes straight to vehicle speed sensor
Purple goes to Engine Control Unit
Orange/Blue goes to water temperature sensor

I am torn between Blue/yellow and purple to use... If anyone has any idea of whats correct then please get intouch... not only will you help me but you will be helping all the other facelift drivers

Thankyou :)

micra wiring.png

the cluster is the dials mate, its an instrument cluster, but yeah its the plug that olugs into the dials

I've done this myself and i THINK its the blue cable but before cutting it wait fir someone to verify that it is blue as in not certain.
when you do it make sure you've got plenty of length on the tacho cable or itll be a bastard to get the cluster housing on and off.
i learnt that the hard way.

Ok guys... This is gettin annoying now.... Trying to trace the wire... The only explanation is the blue and yellow wire... But as previously stated they used the blue and black... But the wring diagram says that goes to the abs... Not that my car has it :) any more help would be much appriciated... Pictures would be nice haha :):)

Ok guys... This is gettin annoying now.... Trying to trace the wire... The only explanation is the blue and yellow wire... But as previously stated they used the blue and black... But the wring diagram says that goes to the abs... Not that my car has it :) any more help would be much appriciated... Pictures would be nice haha :):)
a pic of yours might help too joel ;)

Ok... The red tape indicates which ones i have tried haha

Attachments

• 1364806475678.jpg
    1364806475678.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,200
  • 1364806496719.jpg
    1364806496719.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,552
Joel on your first pic, theres a blue wire on the left by itself that looks like the one i use try that it should have a black line on it

Yeahh i have done it mate.... I thank everyone of you for your help... Glad its finally done haha

this i got wired up with light and live as should be i just need ecu wire as i havent got black blue on my cluster wire so which one at ecu do i connect the rpm signal wire to
thats all ready just need feed for green wire from ecu but dont know which color wire

Attachments

• 28=04=2020 026.jpg
    28=04=2020 026.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 336
  • 28=04=2020 021.jpg
    28=04=2020 021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 279
Back