Tachometer

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and have only recently acquired a K11, the one thing that bugs me (im a young driver) is there is no rev counter. I got a nice bonus from work at Christmas, and am looking to spend a bit on the car, couple of performance parts. But first I'd like to fit a rev counter seeing as mine does not come with one.

I've search on this forum and read some of the threads but im still a little confused. Most people here refer to "facelift" and "pre-facelift" models and im not sure which constitutes as which. Below is a photo of the front of the car its an R reg and according to the DVLA manafacture date is 29/06/1998.

IMG_0176.jpg

If it is the facelift version then aparently the only modifications you need to do are behind the instrument panel. I took it off and had a look and found only this black connector...

IMG_0172.jpg

Its hard to tell if pin 19 is connected. Also is there a certain type of Tachometer that you can fit i found this one on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52MM-REV-..._CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0e6d3cf1#ht_500wt_883

Which looks good and is 12V will this be ok? I'm quite competent in doing modifications as I have done some on my old cars but I dont know much about micra's and i'm still learning any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, problem is people say they are pretty rare. I've put a post on the wanted section and il give it a few weeks if I cant find anything then il start looking at an after market solution.

Back